2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 3sGT, with less than 14000kn, has this annoying vibration coming from the dash trim, under the air vents in the center console. Anybody else experiencing this?

When I apply pressure on the trim it stops.

Something my dealer could fix?

Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have that too. I haven't had a chance to look into it yet. Should be done by the dealer.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
My excellent dealer Technician, opened up my upper center dash, tightened all the screws and clips, and I have no rattle at this time (weeks after he did it) — which is super commendable considering I live on a very bumpy gravel road.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
For those who are not aware (and thanks to @Matt22 from whom I learned this), the horizontal trim piece immediately in front of passenger (just above the top of the glove box), gets removed with a plastic/nylon pry tool starting at its right side, then progressively toward the center. It is attached to the two center vents. And once that combo-piece is removed, one can starting working outward in several directions.

However, unless one is experienced with using pry tools, especially as the parts we are talking about are so visible when sitting in our car (as opposed to, for example, a lower door card removal), if you have any doubts as to your skill level, have your dealer do this (so if any visible piece is messed up, they will be replacing it at their cost — not yours.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2017 3sGT, with less than 14000kn, has this annoying vibration coming from the dash trim, under the air vents in the center console. Anybody else experiencing this?

When I apply pressure on the trim it stops.

Something my dealer could fix?

Thanks.
i too i get this problem.. it squeaks loudly especially during corners.. my dealership said this is normal when it is hot and the plastic expands.. very often people sitting inside my car and heaing all these rattles think mazda has bad interior quality especially for only a 30 000km car

·
Registered
158 Posts
apparently the vibration and also the dash "popping" up are very common issues, dealer told me if it happens just bring it in and they would take care of it ASAP

·
Registered
988 Posts
I went today to the third party company which installed Android and Waze on my car. I wanted them to take out the infotainment screen and secure all the bolts, cables, etc... since it was very obvious to me that at 1000rpm idling / driving the "center dash" area or infotainment screen would rattle like crazy!

The tech guy told me that he would do it , but advise to me that taking stuff in and out ultimately damages and looses slightly those pieces (wear and tear process). I was like I don't want to make things any worse than what they are in case It doesn't get fixed, so I convinced myself to let things the way they were.....but knowing this would bother me , I had a clever idea which ultimately helped me fix my rattle problem! So I fixed my rattle noise by actually inserting / sticking a small foam adhesive piece between the dashboard panel and infotainment panel! (Picture Below)

I had no expectations at all if this would work, but for now it has stoped! A small fix which doesn't require to take the entire air vents or infotainment screen out.

I hope this information helps somebody else here! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
For those who are not aware (and thanks to @Matt22 from whom I learned this), the horizontal trim piece immediately in front of passenger (just above the top of the glove box), gets removed with a plastic/nylon pry tool starting at its right side, then progressively toward the center. It is attached to the two center vents. And once that combo-piece is removed, one can starting working outward in several directions.

However, unless one is experienced with using pry tools, especially as the parts we are talking about are so visible when sitting in our car (as opposed to, for example, a lower door card removal), if you have any doubts as to your skill level, have your dealer do this (so if any visible piece is messed up, they will be replacing it at their cost — not yours.
So that rattle itself is from the actual vent on the dash? I have the very same annoying sound.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts