2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Took my car in today and the service writer told me there was an extended warranty offered by Mazda USA. Asked the cost and he said it was free. I didn't even mention the problem when writing up my service. Ask for Jefferson, service writer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Took my car in today and the service writer told me there was an extended warranty offered by Mazda USA. Asked the cost and he said it was free. I didn't even mention the problem when writing up my service. Ask for Jefferson, service writer.

Yep, same thing happened to me. I called them in regards to the recalls and they told me that if the dash pops out, you can take it into any Mazda dealership and they will fix it for you for free!

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is encouraging to hear - I have the dash lifting issue as well, and my research had showed that most people were being told by the dealer that the recall only covered melting, not lifting. I am taking mine in for service in the L.A. area in a couple weeks and can report back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This same problem happened recently on my 2012 Mazda3, I guess due to the hot weather we had recently in California. I've noticed that some people in this thread said that their dealer would fix it for free, while others wouldn't. Should I contact the local Mazda dealership and see what they say?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, good news. I emailed Mazda and they said that there's a Special Service Program (SSPA9) which covers this repair:

Mazda Motor Corporation has decided to conduct a Special Service Program (SSP) to extend the New Vehicle Limited Warranty (Normal Warranty coverage) for specific repair of instrument panel on certain 2010-2013 Mazda3 vehicles produced from May 6, 2010 through July 19, 2013.

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty (Normal Warranty coverage) for instrument panel replacement due to warping or gap is extended to 7 years (84 months) from the original warranty start date or April 30, 2018 whichever is later, with no mileage limitation.

On certain 2010-2013 Mazda3 vehicles, the instrument panel just above the information display may be warping, generating a gap between the instrument panel and information display, if exposed to heat under high ambient temperature.

If the instrument panel of your Mazda3 vehicle has the warping on its surface or a gap exists between the instrument panel and information display, please make an appointment with your Mazda dealer to have your vehicle repaired. Your dealer will replace the instrument panel of your vehicle with a modified one, free of charge.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Happy to report - another free popped-up dash replacement. Picked up from the dealer today. Glad they are fixing these.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
kms1990 good spy. I have the same issue and will be attempting to fix as you did. If you are still around on the forum can you advise if the fix continued to work or whether the separation returned?
still hanging around but don't have the car anymore, it did work for about 3 months then I hit a speed bump a little bit faster than I should have (no bottoming out or anything, but maybe 5mph faster than I shoulda and pop! I heard it pop and looked sure enough popped back out, so It must be vibrations from road bumps exposing a weakness in clip design, or heat as their advisory states, my car had been in texas its whole life.

I got rid of the car for other reasons, partially due to headroom and cargo room needing to be taller/bigger respectively as I transport computer equipment from site to site a lot. and a few other issues mechanically that I did not want to pay to fix like notorious auto tranny issues non skyactiv 2010-13 3s had,I think 10-13 was a bad time for quality in mazdas a lot of little issues that are easy to fix but shouldn't keep happening and a few big ones that really shouldn't have happened at lower mileage like mine was or at all in the case of the tranny. 14+or 09 back 3s 14+ 6s or any mazda for that matter I would buy in a heartbeat if it was kept in good shape (used) and obviousy that means I still like mazda I think my car had someone not really do much upkeep or not enough, and 09 was when Mazda was sold by ford so they lost a lot of good funding there and I think 10-13 was a transition time for them and they had to figure out what to do and how to move forward and this let quality and some minor design element issues go unfixed. 14+ they figured it out and the mazda I really know was back. mazda, Nissan and Toyota mainly mazda and Nissan are the brands I look to when I need a car as I have had better experiences with their cars and trucks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought it was only for the sticky dashboards too but my car also is a 2013 Mazda 3 and has the dashboard rising up away from the console. I also have the problem with my headlights flickering which was mentioned by someone else earlier in this forum. In my opinion, this is an issue with the 2013 Mazda 3 not any owner and the dealership should fix it!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had that problem on my 2013 after warranty had expired. It is a known problem and Mazda dealer fixed it for free under their extended warranty for this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts

[/QUOTi have the sav
Yep, same thing happened to me. I called them in regards to the recalls and they told me that if the dash pops out, you can take it into any Mazda dealership and they will fix it for you for free!
But Mazdausa mentioned it pop out it's not covered.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts