2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had one .. so asking for advice.
Want to get a dash cam front and rear for Mazda 3 2015. I don't have parking cameras only sensors. Prices seem to vary wildly and there is even a unit that seems to replace the rear view mirror. want to spend < £200 including fitting, happy to do it myself if i know i have all the parts right cables etc and what to do. I want a hard wired setup . I have a leather trim.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I have the mini0906 dual installed / hard wired. Works great, but the backwards camera (or its cable) worsens the DAB+ radio quality. I talked to the german importer and they have no solution so far. I tried to add 5 retractable ferrites (diameter 5 mm) to the cable and it got slightly better, but still is the DAB+ reception less good as without rear dashcam. Here are some links for ferrites at Amazon Germany and Aliexpress.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will look at that, did you fit it yourself and what kit did you use. I think my mazda3 2015 does not have DAB so this should not be an issue.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I will look at that, did you fit it yourself and what kit did you use. I think my mazda3 2015 does not have DAB so this should not be an issue.
Hi Felix,

Did you get this sorted...? We have a nextbase and it is fab, mine is in 12V socket but will be hardwiring my wife’s (got them on offer so bought 2) to her 3 when we find the right one.

Ours is only the small one with HD sensor and g sensor but not with the speed or gps functions of the larger units. It’s works fine for us and great picture quality. It also slides off the mount if you need to take pictures with it.

Geoffers

·
Registered
690 Posts
Does having an obvious dashcam fitted encourage thieves to smash your car window and steal it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. I eventually went for 512gw with rear cam too. I've turned off speed . I hard wired it to a live connection so it can work in parking mode....unlike in the video. Does not run down battery. For anyone considering and wants to save install fee. ..... https://youtu.be/hZpix4rfVz0 This is a good video for how to hide the wires in the trim. Especially the boot. I had to use lube in the right loom. And this vid for the fuse box .. https://youtu.be/PcxgedBtozk

Very happy works a charm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts