2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dv.png
Just nice background +simple mod to remove annoying red bar around street names or messages @ top left corner.

Installation: extract on FAT32 USB, insert, wait 30 sec, enjoy. To roll back rename theme_restore.sh to theme.sh. All changes are stored in .bak files @ CMU. Script is safe, but anyway - do it on your own risk ;)

View attachment jci_pl8skins.zip

Let the Force be with you!

·
Registered
988 Posts
I'm not modding my infotainment at all (due to the car's warranty), but anything with Darth Vader is worth the look. Great Job :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm not modding my infotainment at all (due to the car's warranty), but anything with Darth Vader is worth the look. Great Job :)

How would changing the background void a warranty? Mazda would have a difficult time proving a background change caused some catastrophic failure! Good thing we have laws in the US to prevent that nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
988 Posts
How would changing the background void a warranty? Mazda would have a difficult time proving a background change caused some catastrophic failure! Good thing we have laws in the US to prevent that nonsense.
It's clearly stated on my car's warranty, that no modifications whatsoever can be done to the car's computer system, even tough we are speaking about something so simple as a background image.

I could start messing with it and yeah maybe they wouldn't find out, but modding my infotainment is not my main priority right now, I'm happy with the basic system the way it is :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, the red bar with the name of streets, etc dissapears but works again in navigation mode?

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, the red bar with the name of streets, etc dissapears but works again in navigation mode?

Navigation has its own set of images, and currently (to my knowledge) nobody has been able to open and edit those images in order to replace them. This prevents themers from being able to change the look of the navigation mode, with only one exception that I am aware of. :wink2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, but it is not cleart o me. As cybercat said and it can be see in the photo, the red bar (wherethe street name appears) dissappears. My question is: the red bar dissappears in music, applications, communication and setup menú

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry, the message was inclmplete.

Thanks, but it is not cleart o me. As cybercat said and it can be see in the photo, the red bar (where the street name appears) dissappears. My question is: the red bar dissappears in music, applications, communication and setup menu? When I play some music the red bar is still there showing the name of the streets and I do not like it.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts