2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Dampers & Dust Boots - Cut Bump Stops

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  rand0m 
#1 · (Edited)
So..I had to cut my bump stops when I installed my lowering springs, which removed the section of the yellow bump stop that fits into the black plastic shock boot (dust guard).

I now can't use it and need an alternative option. I have some universal dust boots (accordion style) up front zip tied on and will probably need to do something similar in the rear.

Any suggestions?

Also..cleaning the dampers. Mild detergent water and a clean towel or what should I use? What about adding some synthetic grease after cleaning?
CK

#6 ·
The dust boots I purchased worked perfectly in the rears with zip ties on the tops and bottom. Should keep all of the dust and grime out of there.

I had to cut them a little to fit over the shock body, but that helped zip tie them . I was able to securely zip tie it to the bump stop on the top.

I reused the OEM dust boots in the front and just zip tied them to the top mount and damper body.
CK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.