2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to the forums and honestly the Mazda community. I have a 2011 Mazda 3 stock. Just looking for some local guidance on some performance and easy mods. Thinking about straight piping my car this week. (not wanting to remove cats but just the muffler.) Would be cool to link up with some of the local people.!

·
Too Many Projects!
367 Posts
Well hey, welcome to the forums! I'm actually from around the DFW area, so I can offer a few guiding points.

First off, maybe it's just a preference thing myself but I wouldn't go straight pipe. Trust me, I've straight piped a few cars before and it's not all that grand. I'm still looking around to an alternate to the stock exhaust that doesn't cost $500 for just a sound change myself, so if I find anything I'll definitely drop you a line. But I'm sure some other members would agree with me on this as well.

Second, if you're looking to link up with some like minded Mazda folks, check out DFW Mazdas on Facebook! Lots of Mazda people on there that'll help answer any questions you have, plus they're local!

Third, if you're looking to come out to car meets, you should check out All Team Bash this weekend! Plus Renegades car meets every Friday night in Frisco, both can be found on Facebook.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice choice of car! congrats and welcome to the forums. So far this forum is the best Mazda 3 forum I could find. Good luck with your car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, I'm from the Dallas area. Welcome!

Something I can recommend for anyone in our area if you don't have a good working space is the Dallas Makerspace. We have a 2 car garage work area with a professional lift and all the tools you'd ever need. And we're not talking junk, this equipment is top notch. There is a monthly membership fee, and a small one time training fee for the lift, but I've found it worth every penny.

I'm a local programmer, and I've been doing some work on modifying the Infotainment system. If any of you are interested in meeting up sometime, let me know. As a member of the makerspace I can host meetings & events (no fees required).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts