2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone live around the Dallas area? Trying to get an idea of who's all out here and if anyone knows of any local clubs or meets in the area. I am from Plano which is just north of Dallas.

·
Original Member
262 Posts
Welcome. There are some Dallas members. I tried getting a feel for the Austin members in a similar post, and posted in the TX chat thread, but things aren't that lively around here unfortunately.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am in plano also. would like to hook up with some locals for fun and knowledge exchange.

gw

Oh yea, I live around legacy and coit. Def message me sometime when you want to meet up or want to go to meet. I recently sold my BMW and purchased my first Mazda so I have little knowelge haha!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me too. Sold my BMW for my mazda3, and live in plano too. I miss the quality of the BMW, but not the costs.
I have brought my Mazda in for a couple things and every time I go it's great not to have to pay for something or even have them tell you something is messed up with the car and it will cost you $500. But i do miss the BMW everyday because it was a great quality car and a lot of fun to drive, and one day when i have the money to really afford the keep up on the BMW i will buy another one!!

Also if there is anyone in the Plano area that wants to meet up and we can all introduce our selfs and check out each others cars just message me or lets discuss it through the forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
my wife has a bmw 328i and it is a much more refined ride but i love the raw acceleration and go kart handling of the speed 3; plus her bmw is an auto transmission although you can kind of manually shift with the paddles. I am definitely up for a meetup. i have signed up for a 2 day drivers edge track day and driving course february 19 - 20 at cresson motorsports. should be able to learn a bit more about how this car handles in a controlled safe environment.

did a ride this past weekend (saturday) up through new hope and blue ridge; some fairly nice semi-twisty close in roads for this area.

gw

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey

Hey guys my name's Bryce, new to the mazda scene...just bought my '11 MS3 in black mica, I also have an 04 350z...look foward to getting to know everyone, and plan on me being on quite often! :yes:

Ill get some pics up soon of both cars when i get a chance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys my name's Bryce, new to the mazda scene...just bought my '11 MS3 in black mica, I also have an 04 350z...look foward to getting to know everyone, and plan on me being on quite often! :yes:

Ill get some pics up soon of both cars when i get a chance.

oh yea? where did you buy it? after you drive it awhile let us know how it compares to the 350z. welcome aboard. i'm fairly new here too. haven't been to any meets but hope to one of these days. sure do like this car. if you are looking for some relatively inexpensive performance upgrades (well, handling), you may want to read up on replacing the stock rear sway bar and rear motor mount. both easy to do and help the handling and feel of the car noticeably.

gw

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah, plan on doing both of those. First thing i need to get done is tint! lol but im about to order the cobb intake, but im trying to do my research, and see what voids warrenty and what doesnt, I wanna do TIP...but not sure about it yet.

Im almost at 600 miles...taking it easy till then, and then the fun begins...although i have snuck a couple punches in there lol. pulls really good and handles like a champ!

and a meet sounds great, need to meet all the mazda guys :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
anyone going to the meet at jakes burgers? i posted over on dfwazdas to see if there was going to be any turnout, ive never been.

·
Registered
1 Posts
im new to this site and new to having a mazda i like my car thoe lol let me know if there r any meets or car shows around dallas for mazda or where mazda groups might go. thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
so...so far....im loving the car, someone wanted me to compare the z with the ms3, the z is quicker, and has more low end...obviously...but the ms3 just keeps amazing me, its the most "fun" car ive ever driven and love it...the suspension and handling is insaine for a FWD car...but ill be getting some pics of the cars together this week, and ill post em up.

-Anyone know someone that does powdercaoting? Looking to get the stockers dark gunmetal.

Thanks

_Bryce

·
Registered
9 Posts
yep, i love this car more and more every day.
Hey, anyone going to the autocross event this saturday in grand prairie? (lone star park). I'm gonna check it out before i do one for real. I'll be in a silver 2011 speed3.

gw

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello, just bought my mz3 last mont absolutely love this car. noticed now has posted in a whie. any form texas still alive. lol nice to meet every one.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts