2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Mazda 3 i touring that I use as my daily driver, long commutes on some really garbage highways and I also have to commute through the mountains, so lots of sharp turns and twists. I installed koni shocks/struts with 1” lowering springs that I may consider changing if someone has any recommendations, but I also wanted to get some opinions on a few other things like a rear sway bar ( my Mazda is a FWD automatic ) front strut tower bar, front sway bar links, etc. are those things worth investing in for a daily? Also, as for the springs, I went cheap and got the Godspeed project ones which aren’t terrible but if I were to change those out should I go with eibach or Megan’s racing? Or maybe another suggestion? Last question would be about brakes, I feel like I don’t have as much braking power as I should, car only has 14k miles on it and it may just be in my head but should I consider upgrading calipers or rotors? I’ll eventually be changing out the wheels too so should I do it then?
any other suggestions on what I should do for the best handling possible id like to hear them!

· Banned
DramaTuned 2.0 with CorkSport bolt ons
74 Posts
Rear sway bar makes a big difference in the turns. Strut tower helps a bit with the steering response.

In regards to brakes, if you are not ready for a BBK, some solid aftermarket pads can make a difference.

· Registered
Sp25 GT
21 Posts
Depends what your wanting out of the car, But if your looking at more grip tire's maybe wider wheels and wider tires, if your looking at tightening up the body roll sway bars, firmer ride coilover, if your going coilovers pick something recommended for what you want as getting something that's suitable for track and road may be too stiff as a daily so either a road specific set or even getting a softer spring may be worthwhile.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

· Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5 non sky
1,718 Posts
Megan Racing sister brand (made at same facility in taiwan 2014+ Mazda 3 Sedan/Hatchback Lowering Springs

1. Tires and better brake pads first.
2. Swaybars with upgraded endlinks
3. Front top strut and lower front H bar - Megan makes both or check Mazda 3 (BMBN) 2014-2018
4. BBK - oem is more than enough braking power with upgraded pads

My opinion - lowering springs with Koni or others makes ride a bit more harsh compared to coilovers
Some higher priced Coilovers (into the $2K with swift springs like Fortune 500 series Mazda 3 (BM) 2014-2018 - 500 Series Coilovers
can give you that confort sport daily to Track

· Registered
1,560 Posts
Stock springs are actually pretty solid overall for this car but from a lowered perspective I've been very happy with Eibacs in the past, but you can get custom springs with better rates built for you at reasonable prices I think it's 500 for the front and 500 for the rear. Endlinks, adjustable sway bars, and something in the 225/45/18 tire range will make your commute a bit more bearable. Look for better polyurethane bushings as well. Tie bars for the top and bottom will also help the corner in a bit when dealing with the tilt of the mountain pass roads as you go into them with speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts