2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps,

I have installed some new license plate leds from vleds lately. After that I have experienced a lot of DAB issues “no signal, change the essemble”

So I investigated this further and noticed when I leave my head and tail lights off, DAB works immediately. If I switch the head lights to on, DAB reception is gone...

I don’t receive any error messages on the dash so I assume the leds are cabus compatible. Does anyone know if this problem is hardware related or does it have a link with EMI? I have read about leds interfering with signals like DAB...

Ofcourse the new leds are way more nice then then the default ones. So i would like to keep them.

Thanks

·
Registered
978 Posts
Very interesting! Sometime at the beginning of this year (around January) I installed my VLED's all around LED's, after a while I noticed that the the radio reception was very poor on some stations and overall. I thought that perhaps my newly installed Dashcam was to blame, or even that the antenna was faulty, checked everywhere but could not find an answer, so I blamed the local radio station antennas for the bad reception and quality.

But now that you mentioned this, it could be that the VLED's are causing this issue, I would like to check this further now, but to be honest I learned not to use the radio at all as I only listen music from the AUX now.

In your case, simply trace back your steps to find the issue, if the issue was non existent before the installation of the LED's, then take everything out, go back to the stock lights and check if any issues, if no issues at all then the VLED's are definitely interfering with the reception of the radio.

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
Odd, I have LEDs all around- front and rear turn signals, tail lights, brake lights, license plate lights, head lights, marker lights, etc. No issues with any sort of interference anywhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts