2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

CXRacing FMIC

Tags
cxracing fmic
13K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  sbag0024 
#1 ·
Tomorrow im going to get my car test fitted at CXRacing for their FMIC. From what they told me, all the piping and intercooler should be the same as their 1st gen kit except for the mounting brackets for the intercooler. Hopefully everything works out tomorrow so they can begin production on their 2nd gen FMIC.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Haven't you tested aftermarket parts before? Is this the same company or you just have a lot of hookups lol
Yeah my car is a whore :tongue: lol but my buddy goes to a bunch of car shows and tells me about companies that are looking to make parts for our vehicles

Discussion starter · #5 ·
yeah so far they are keeping the factory crash bar but the previos gen intercooler is too tall for it to fit so they are going to try a shorter but longer core. the piping seems to fit fine. they are getting the other core now and we'll see how it fits

Discussion starter · #6 · (Edited)
The FMIC for our 2nd gen MS3 will require a new kit. They have to manufacture a new intercooler, new brackets, and new tubing connecting to/from the intercooler. Heres some pics from the test fit. The tubing and intercooler are just mockups so they could get measurements for the new brackets and placement. Intercooler pictured will be longer to compensate for the shorter height.

The final production kit will be done in about 6 weeks

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Well finally got the final CXRacing FMIC kit installed on my car yesterday. Everything installed fine, there is a slight turbo lag with the fmic but a noticeable increase throughout the powerband. The intercooler is definately noticeable through the grill. Heres some pics of the install. The wires sticking out of the intercooler was temp probes for the dyno test.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Looks great man, did they do a dyno?
Yea they did a dyno, they are going to post the results when CXRacing updates their website with the new kit(probly in a week)

Looking good, would like to see some graphs on intake temps. Mine was running about 110f to 115f with ETS topmount. What is the cost?
Lets see some dyno numbers
Thanks, yea the intake temps they said was quite a significant difference between the stock fmic and the cxracing fmic. Just waiting for them to post the dyno numbers. I've been posting group buy prices on other forums for this kit.
The group buy pricing would be:
$500 shipped(in the US) or
$470 Local Pickup (CXRacing located in South El Monte, CA)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.