2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
@epadillac

One other question:

I think base of your carOS theme was the blue theme from mrnerdbanger, or not?

Do you think it is better only to copy the files you really changed for your carOS scheme?

So this can be combined with all other color schemes and the color of the speedometer graphics can then be changed too.
Now if you choose carOS, you automatically have blue color buttons etc.

If this is OK, than I need a stripped down ZIP file from you with only changed png files for your carOS scheme.

EDIT: Whats with the carOS icons package from this post?

Thanks,
Siutsch.

·
Registered
121 Posts
@epadillac

One other question:

Do you think it is better only to copy the files you really changed for your carOS scheme?

So this can be combined with all other color schemes and the color of the speedometer graphics can then be changed too.

If this is OK, than I need a stripped down ZIP file from you with only changed png files for your carOS scheme.

Thanks,
Siutsch.
ok good but it will take me some time to look for them, usually the files I modified have a backup of the original next to the modified

·
Registered
121 Posts
@epadillac

One other question:

Thanks,
Siutsch.
@Siutsch Here is the new zipped file without the files from the blue theme
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r76pdjczl1gavf/jci_just_carOS_files.zip?dl=1

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
"Coin" changes

I've been using the tweaks and information provided on this forum for a month now. Thank you everyone for all of your hard work. I gathered the confidence to attempt my own changes. I am not a fan of the current "coins" as they are oversize and clunky looking. I wanted to see what I could make them look like. After grabbing some vector files from the web I created the below "coins". I'm a much bigger fan of the minimal "coins". Personally I am looking for a matte gray set of icons. However, I'm running into an issue where there are double images. If you look closely at the picture you can see it in the headphones. Has anyone else run into this issue and found a remedy? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
So over the past week or so I've been photoshopping the crap out of the Mazda Connect infotainment system and I'm in love with it. I've created my own Blue Theme for the system (you can see it here) and someone asked if I could upload it.

I went ahead and decided to be super nice and go back and update the system for a variety of colors. I also included a modified version of the boot animation. I haven't tested it yet. But I will in the next few days and let you know if it works for sure. If you want to try it out feel free at your own risk.

After you install make sure and reboot the system. (Mute + Nav + Back for 10 seconds)
You should see the screen go black then start loading with the Mazda logo.

**JAN 6 2016 - V56 FULL UPDATE - USB INSTALL**

USB Install Files are below:

RED (DEFAULT)

ORANGE

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

PURPLE

PINK

SILVER

If you have any questions shoot me a PM and if you get yours working take pictures or video! I want to see them in action!

- J
**FEB 11 2016**
Clear Buttons

**FEB 26 2016**

carOS Icons

Hi,,,,how can i save the original them? in case i want to go back to

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Siutsch

Here is what I have for now:

jci.zip with all the files to make it as a new theme on your installer:

installation txt for your installer:

Also here I attach the installer for the transparent buttons with a tweak to have a bigger album art:

Here is a screenshot of how it looks:

I am making tests to see if I make it work with your installer but I am still struggling with that, if you can help me with the integration I will appreciate it.

Thanks for all the work you put on this installer and helping the community.
Tha transparent BG for the buttons is only for the music player right? It buttons in the navigation screen wont be transparent isn't it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi so I've downloaded the files. How do I install them into the car?
quite easy :

How to install a theme ?
1) download and unzip the .zip file on your computer

2) choose the background picture you want to have (if many are available).
2.1) To do so, simply go in the "background" folder.
2.2) Rename the one you want to "background.png"

3) Copy all files from the MASTER folder to the root of a blank FAT32 flash drive. Don't copy the folder itself, just the stuff inside.

4) Unplug any other USB or SD from the car except this drive.

5) Turn on the car.

6) When MZD has finished booting, plug the USB stick and wait for the "Theme Applied" window to appear (could be 30-60 sec).

7) MZD should reboot itself. If not, restart it yourself by holding down BACK+MUTE+NAV for a few seconds

While MZD is rebooting, unplug the USB stick.
see more themes for MZD Connect

:wink2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I realize I may have just resurrected an old thread, but J1MB3AM, did you ever finish your icon set? It looks great, and I'd love to download it and try it out.

141 - 160 of 165 Posts