2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So over the past week or so I've been photoshopping the crap out of the Mazda Connect infotainment system and I'm in love with it. I've created my own Blue Theme for the system (you can see it here) and someone asked if I could upload it.

I went ahead and decided to be super nice and go back and update the system for a variety of colors. I also included a modified version of the boot animation. I haven't tested it yet. But I will in the next few days and let you know if it works for sure. If you want to try it out feel free at your own risk.

After you install make sure and reboot the system. (Mute + Nav + Back for 10 seconds)
You should see the screen go black then start loading with the Mazda logo.

**JAN 6 2016 - V56 FULL UPDATE - USB INSTALL**

USB Install Files are below:

RED (DEFAULT)

ORANGE

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

PURPLE

PINK

SILVER

If you have any questions shoot me a PM and if you get yours working take pictures or video! I want to see them in action!

- J
**FEB 11 2016**
Clear Buttons

**FEB 26 2016**

carOS Icons

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since links have been getting DMCA'd left and right, here is a torrent mirror.
@mrnerdbanger just pm me if you dont' want this up.

Also, would you possibly mind if i included a script in my stuff to auto-push these files to the correct location?
Go for it. I didn't know how or I would have done it lol.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright so I just successfully flashed the blue theme using your script and it worked. There is one thing wrong with your file structure though: in jci/gui, the images/icons structure needs to go inside of common not sitting with apps and commons (this is how the default structure appeared when I navigated the system). All you have to do is put the images folder inside the common folder and the script places them in the right place. Thanks again!
Ok. Thanks. I think we'll have to change the torrent link after we do that. Also did the new boot animation work? I still haven't tried it yet. I have a couple of other ones I want to try too. I made one with audio that says "zoom zoom" to see if that worked too but if the audio works I'm wondering if maybe we could convince opera to play videos in this format since it doesn't want to let us play them in MP4 format. Lol sorry just thinking while typing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't really notice anything different about the boot logo other than it takes like 10-15 seconds for the disclaimer warning to come up (which results in a longer boot period.) Unfortunately, I forgot to back up the stock boot video .ifv but I did back up the stock images. Is the .ifv in your "default" folder the true stock video?

Also, I noticed that the stock folder names were Ump2 and Ump3 but your folders were called UMP2 and UMP3. Do you think this makes a difference?

And the files that change the button selector on the bottom of the screen didn't copy for me (for example on the radio screen, it's the one that selects audio source, auto memory, favorites, hd menu, etc..)
Could you let me know which folder these files are in so I can see why they didn't copy?
The Ump files i believe are the pop ups when you hover on an item. lets say you're in the audio menu and you go to the pause icon. the little word pause pops up. if that is the correct color that you installed then the folder name didn't matter and it figured it out.

Yes the ifv in the default folder is the default animation backup. I think you're talking about the 'icons' folder. for the buttons on the bottom of the screen? if not will you take a picture and message me with it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright, I figured out what happened. The car didn't figure it out in regards to the UMP2 and UMP3, I went back in and sure enough there was Ump2, Ump3, UMP2, and UMP3 folders so that's why those files weren't affected. So I deleted the UMP2 and UMP3 folders from the car then just manually copied the images into the existing Ump2 and Ump3 folders then I had everything blue :smile2:
PERFECT! Thanks for the heads up!

My next goal is to try and figure out this damn boot animation. I made a really sweet one i want to use i just need to find the correct format for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8tx8GzbUwc&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not sure. I've been kinda crazy busy with some other projects at the moment. I actually wanted to change the look of the GUI more. Did that other thread ever figure out how to do the themes they were speaking of? I updated it recently but now I'm trying to make sure all the images work and instead of running out to my car every time by running it locally on my computer but V55 this is the only thing i get it to show. if anyone can help me with getting the console to actually show up that would help me a lot quicker

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I am having the same issue with blue not being the color for nav on V55. did you figure out a solution?
yes. a bunch of the files have moved locations, merged, or changed names so i need to take some time to go through and find all the images again. if someone wants to go through and single out all the images inside the ici/ folder i can batch do the color change again and push out an update. i've just been super busy lately and haven't had time to go through every folder and replicate it with just the images

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
@fitisgo... yes and no. i have one version that i use that fully changed all of the stock images. i don't have this anywhere yet.

as for the stock images to be just tinted no, i was waiting for someone to grab all the images from the /jci folder since they've all moved around. last i heard @velse was going to attempt it.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I have all the files finally updated to v55. In every color of the rainbow. well red, yellow, orange, blue, green, purple, pink, silver... if someone can write an install script so i can throw them on a usb then i'll update the main post with a new link and download. i just don't know how to code in linux. basically a /jci folder located on the flash drive that has all the images in it needs to replace all the images in the main /jci folder.

i have all the files in the same file structure, i just need help writing it. anyone?

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Here's those unicorn files guys

USB installable script for blue icons, some are still red but Mike says he can't change those. A couple of nav elements are still in red and the tab in my fuel consumption chart is red.

Edit: Mike, for those of us without skill could you whip up some

Orange, Yellow, Dark Green, Light Green, Pink and Purple themes? <3
Orrrr.... you could just wait for me to update the full theme to be compatible with V55. The one you posted has V33 files. They've updated them in V55. I've updated the main post.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
That would mean storing ALL the files for every color on the unit somewhere. I mean if there was enough space i'm sure that it could be done, but you don't want to put a ton of files on the system or else it would slow it down. :/

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 · (Edited)
Really, Taylor Swift ?!?!

I'm messing with ya :laugh2:

Would it be complicated to take the iOS icons, make them round and replace the original MZD icons on the main screen ?

ie. Settings, Maps, Phone, Music, etc ?
Easy. Already done.

carOS Icons

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.