2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So over the past week or so I've been photoshopping the crap out of the Mazda Connect infotainment system and I'm in love with it. I've created my own Blue Theme for the system (you can see it here) and someone asked if I could upload it.

I went ahead and decided to be super nice and go back and update the system for a variety of colors. I also included a modified version of the boot animation. I haven't tested it yet. But I will in the next few days and let you know if it works for sure. If you want to try it out feel free at your own risk.

After you install make sure and reboot the system. (Mute + Nav + Back for 10 seconds)
You should see the screen go black then start loading with the Mazda logo.

**JAN 6 2016 - V56 FULL UPDATE - USB INSTALL**

USB Install Files are below:

RED (DEFAULT)

ORANGE

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

PURPLE

PINK

SILVER

If you have any questions shoot me a PM and if you get yours working take pictures or video! I want to see them in action!

- J
**FEB 11 2016**
Clear Buttons

**FEB 26 2016**

carOS Icons

·
Registered
294 Posts
Also, would you possibly mind if i included a script in my stuff to auto-push these files to the correct location?
That would be splendid because it looks pretty tedious to copy every image manually given that the images are spread out over a lot of directories.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Okay, here is another version of my auto-flash scripts. I can't test it on my car as the wife has it for the day SO YOU ARE USING THESE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

It basically just pushes each file to the server in the same position as in the structure he provided. It will overwrite anything there.

THEY ARE UNTESTED!

Here's the torrent download (magnet link)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since links have been getting DMCA'd left and right, here is a torrent mirror.
@mrnerdbanger just pm me if you dont' want this up.

Also, would you possibly mind if i included a script in my stuff to auto-push these files to the correct location?
Go for it. I didn't know how or I would have done it lol.

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
are you seeding it because it won't download for me
Because it's only me (and currently 1 other person) seeding, "finding me" might take a bit longer than you are used to with torrents with tons of seeders.

I also forgot to mention that this will only work on windows (the exe's are from putty which is an ssh program for windows)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Okay, here is another version of my auto-flash scripts. I can't test it on my car as the wife has it for the day SO YOU ARE USING THESE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

It basically just pushes each file to the server in the same position as in the structure he provided. It will overwrite anything there.

THEY ARE UNTESTED!
Alright so I just successfully flashed the blue theme using your script and it worked. There is one thing wrong with your file structure though: in jci/gui, the images/icons structure needs to go inside of common not sitting with apps and commons (this is how the default structure appeared when I navigated the system). All you have to do is put the images folder inside the common folder and the script places them in the right place. Thanks again!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright so I just successfully flashed the blue theme using your script and it worked. There is one thing wrong with your file structure though: in jci/gui, the images/icons structure needs to go inside of common not sitting with apps and commons (this is how the default structure appeared when I navigated the system). All you have to do is put the images folder inside the common folder and the script places them in the right place. Thanks again!
Ok. Thanks. I think we'll have to change the torrent link after we do that. Also did the new boot animation work? I still haven't tried it yet. I have a couple of other ones I want to try too. I made one with audio that says "zoom zoom" to see if that worked too but if the audio works I'm wondering if maybe we could convince opera to play videos in this format since it doesn't want to let us play them in MP4 format. Lol sorry just thinking while typing.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ok. Thanks. I think we'll have to change the torrent link after we do that. Also did the new boot animation work? I still haven't tried it yet. I have a couple of other ones I want to try too. I made one with audio that says "zoom zoom" to see if that worked too but if the audio works I'm wondering if maybe we could convince opera to play videos in this format since it doesn't want to let us play them in MP4 format. Lol sorry just thinking while typing.
I didn't really notice anything different about the boot logo other than it takes like 10-15 seconds for the disclaimer warning to come up (which results in a longer boot period.) Unfortunately, I forgot to back up the stock boot video .ifv but I did back up the stock images. Is the .ifv in your "default" folder the true stock video?

Also, I noticed that the stock folder names were Ump2 and Ump3 but your folders were called UMP2 and UMP3. Do you think this makes a difference?

And the files that change the button selector on the bottom of the screen didn't copy for me (for example on the radio screen, it's the one that selects audio source, auto memory, favorites, hd menu, etc..)
Could you let me know which folder these files are in so I can see why they didn't copy?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't really notice anything different about the boot logo other than it takes like 10-15 seconds for the disclaimer warning to come up (which results in a longer boot period.) Unfortunately, I forgot to back up the stock boot video .ifv but I did back up the stock images. Is the .ifv in your "default" folder the true stock video?

Also, I noticed that the stock folder names were Ump2 and Ump3 but your folders were called UMP2 and UMP3. Do you think this makes a difference?

And the files that change the button selector on the bottom of the screen didn't copy for me (for example on the radio screen, it's the one that selects audio source, auto memory, favorites, hd menu, etc..)
Could you let me know which folder these files are in so I can see why they didn't copy?
The Ump files i believe are the pop ups when you hover on an item. lets say you're in the audio menu and you go to the pause icon. the little word pause pops up. if that is the correct color that you installed then the folder name didn't matter and it figured it out.

Yes the ifv in the default folder is the default animation backup. I think you're talking about the 'icons' folder. for the buttons on the bottom of the screen? if not will you take a picture and message me with it?

·
Registered
294 Posts
The Ump files i believe are the pop ups when you hover on an item. lets say you're in the audio menu and you go to the pause icon. the little word pause pops up. if that is the correct color that you installed then the folder name didn't matter and it figured it out.

Yes the ifv in the default folder is the default animation backup. I think you're talking about the 'icons' folder. for the buttons on the bottom of the screen? if not will you take a picture and message me with it?
Alright, I figured out what happened. The car didn't figure it out in regards to the UMP2 and UMP3, I went back in and sure enough there was Ump2, Ump3, UMP2, and UMP3 folders so that's why those files weren't affected. So I deleted the UMP2 and UMP3 folders from the car then just manually copied the images into the existing Ump2 and Ump3 folders then I had everything blue :smile2:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright, I figured out what happened. The car didn't figure it out in regards to the UMP2 and UMP3, I went back in and sure enough there was Ump2, Ump3, UMP2, and UMP3 folders so that's why those files weren't affected. So I deleted the UMP2 and UMP3 folders from the car then just manually copied the images into the existing Ump2 and Ump3 folders then I had everything blue :smile2:
PERFECT! Thanks for the heads up!

My next goal is to try and figure out this damn boot animation. I made a really sweet one i want to use i just need to find the correct format for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8tx8GzbUwc&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very wonderful work. I'll try the blue one this coming weekend if anyone can provide me a file to download or an instruction to accomplish this. Thank you.:laugh2:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Anutin the torrent file should be working now. I apparently closed it but i'll leave it open so you guys can download for a bit.
@ryantpayton thanks. lol i made that image. i uploaded it to my website. enjoy :O)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great work Team!
I finally settled on the blue, very cool.
I am however unable to get the blue to come up on the bottom of the Nav screen, I did copy the files to the Ump2 and Ump3 folders, all else looks great. Just me = i can re-flash V33 and redo.
cheers.

·
Registered
294 Posts
hey @mrnerdbanger I just flashed your Blue theme on v55 and everything looks fine but I was looking at the gui/common/controls folder and it appears that a number of folders were removed from v55 (such as Ump2, now there is only Ump3). I took a breath and ran your script anyways, and even though all of the old folders were copied over, there doesn't seem to be any adverse effects. Do you plan on updating your theme script to properly support v55 and the modified folders?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not sure. I've been kinda crazy busy with some other projects at the moment. I actually wanted to change the look of the GUI more. Did that other thread ever figure out how to do the themes they were speaking of? I updated it recently but now I'm trying to make sure all the images work and instead of running out to my car every time by running it locally on my computer but V55 this is the only thing i get it to show. if anyone can help me with getting the console to actually show up that would help me a lot quicker

Attachments

1 - 20 of 165 Posts