2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what do you think? Finished front and rear door inserts with silver Katzkins vinyl.

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
if it matched the silver better i think it would look much better, not sure if i like it though. i'm sure it'll grow on me

Reactions: jackf

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes, yes, yes. That looks sweet. That's your back door huh? I told my girlfriend (who was unconvinced of how it would look) that I was going to do my back doors first, in case I didn't like it.

EDIT: What kind of material is that and what are you gonna use to apply it, upholstery glue?

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if it matched the silver better i think it would look much better, not sure if i like it though. i'm sure it'll grow on me
I want to take a look at it out in the daytime.You really cant tell by the picture but it is slightly metallic.Its Katzkins Silver vinyl. I was actually thinking of wrapping the door pulls and dash pieces with either carbon fiber vinyl or fabric...

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
I like !...........:thumbup 1:

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, yes, yes. That looks sweet. That's your back door huh? I told my girlfriend (who was unconvinced of how it would look) that I was going to do my back doors first, in case I didn't like it.

EDIT: What kind of material is that and what are you gonna use to apply it, upholstery glue?
Thats just the reason why I pulled the back door panel first :) Its made by Katzkins so when I get my seats done the inserts will match. They sell it by the linear yard off a 54" roll. I'll glue it down with 3M Rubber & Vinyl 80 Spray Adhesive

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no, just no. while i applaud your effort in trying something new then sharing it with us all that in my opinion looks terrible.
thanks for the opinion :thumbup:

Anyway.... I ordered some carbon fiber cloth wrap today. I plan on trying it on the passenger side rear insert. See which one looks better. I got the driver side rear glued on tonight looks pretty good. I'll wrap the door pull with the carbon cloth when I get it next week. If it all ends up looking like shit, I'll clean off the spray adhesive off the pulls and get some black cloth or vinyl for the inserts.

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a few pics of the finished panel..... The first Pic is more true to color that the rest.

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
ok this actually looks pretty good. good job on the instal looks factory i retract my last comment. lol i used to run a recon store at a giant car dealership for a long long time. i came into work one day and found the lot guy using spray adhesive to glue to his dash board crushed velvet fabric he bought from walmart lol. everytime i see someone do any kind of interior modification i think of him lol i cant help it. dude it was baby blue crushed velvet in a baby blue honda civic wtf.

·
Insert Witty Title Here..
353 Posts
I have to say it looks pretty legit... like your style!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I'd like to do something like this in the Speed3. Perhaps with some grey alcantara, but if I do I'd also have to consider redoing the seats...so that they'd match.

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
I'd like to do something like this in the Speed3. Perhaps with some grey alcantara, but if I do I'd also have to consider redoing the seats...so that they'd match.
I think this would look nice too. Personally, I am trying to get rid of the nasty silver plastic in the non-MS3 interior. I will probably wrap it in Di-Noc, so the stock black inserts will look good against it. I may do some black alcantara though.

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
That plastic is in the MS3 as well........I just didn't think it was nasty...lol. You're referring to the center console area, right?

·
Insert Witty Title Here..
353 Posts
not to mention it scratches up super easy, so wrapping it, or changing it out would definitely look nicer!

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok this actually looks pretty good. good job on the instal looks factory i retract my last comment. lol i used to run a recon store at a giant car dealership for a long long time. i came into work one day and found the lot guy using spray adhesive to glue to his dash board crushed velvet fabric he bought from walmart lol. everytime i see someone do any kind of interior modification i think of him lol i cant help it. dude it was baby blue crushed velvet in a baby blue honda civic wtf.
LOL...baby blue crushed velvet in a baby blue honda civic= FAIL!

Its all good and thank you! If I didn't want comments good or bad I wouldn't have posted it in the first place.... so no hurt feelings here either way! :beerchug 1:

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did the driver side front door today...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts