2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Mazda 3 S Sport
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Someone over at another Mazda forum was making these in a group buy format for the old 3. Do you think they would fit ours? I think they would. Just not sure how different the dead pedal area is on the old 3. I add a dead pedal without buying a whole pedal set. This one doesn't have holes that would allow the crap from our shoes to be sucked up by the carpet, its priced reasonably, and it's in black so it does not look out of place if you don't get stainless steel pedals. I do not think he is making them right now but maybe we can get some interest from him to start up again.

Moderators is it ok to cross post from another website's vendor forum?

·
Registered
2010 Mazda 3 S Sport
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gunner had gotten good results with #8 3/4" stainless steel flat head sheet metal screws from Lowe's for the SRP Dead pedal, so we could use those if the one that is supplied is too long.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I just bought another set of pedals, but I do like this one as well. I think it will blend in real well if you do not like the look of the stainless steel or aluminum! This one is real stealth!!!

·
Senior Adventure Gamer
236 Posts
Gunner had gotten good results with #8 3/4" stainless steel flat head sheet metal screws from Lowe's for the SRP Dead pedal, so we could use those if the one that is supplied is too long.
I used pretty much the same thing -- that is, the screws that came with my aluminum pedal set. I doused 'em with some locktite for good measure. Those babies feel nice and solid.

·
Registered
2010 Mazda 3 S Sport
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are the dimensions

The face of the plate is about 8.5" tall, bottom 4.25", top 3.25". As for the flange it is about 0.875".

Aluminum Deadpedal plates for the Mazda3 (in stock! group buy format)

He has been making them for 4 plus years now and many people have vouched. Big question is when will he start to make them again. He hasn't made any in a few months. I PM'ed him.

·
Registered
128 Posts
cuz it looks good, and that dead pedal isnt carpet, I hate the carpet there. I wish I had better grip.
Not to mention the fact that as cheap as Mazda carpet is, you will wear down the carpet there in no time...

·
Registered
1 Posts

Someone over at another Mazda forum was making these in a group buy format for the old 3. Do you think they would fit ours? I think they would. Just not sure how different the dead pedal area is on the old 3. I add a dead pedal without buying a whole pedal set. This one doesn't have holes that would allow the crap from our shoes to be sucked up by the carpet, its priced reasonably, and it's in black so it does not look out of place if you don't get stainless steel pedals. I do not think he is making them right now but maybe we can get some interest from him to start up again.

Moderators is it ok to cross post from another website's vendor forum?
Hi Trinergy, you mentioned that you got a black dead pedal for your mazda. Where did you get it? I have been searching the web for such an item because I hate the fact that the footrest on my Mazda is carpeted. All I could find on the web are metal ones with holes. I don't want to replace my pedals, I am just looking for something black to put on the footrest so that the carpet doesn't get worn down over time.

Thank you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts