2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you saw my Bum Bum Bumper post where I plasti-dipped the rear guard on to my 2012 Mazda 3, and you liked what you saw, you might be interested in this.

Seems like the new 2012 models changed the bumper and removed the bumper guard. I am talking with a company here in Jacksonville that is going to help me build this guard as an attachment rather than buying a whole new replacement bumper.

The idea is to be able to double side sticky tape it to your current bumper from the year 2010-2012 for those who don;t have it. Would anyone be interested in having one of these made that they can attach?

They quoted me at $200 for it to be built if I can create a negative form on my own. My local dealership is also allowing me to take the bumper off one of the 2011 models to cast a mold. Ideally, if a few people would be interested, I can get the price lowered to hopefully something like $100-$150 for a non-painted fiberglass shell that you can paint yourself.

Thoughts?

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Fiberglass wouldn't make a very good bumper guard. I'd look into some type of plastic guard.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good call. That would actually reduce the price since they offered plastic molding as well. Thanks

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Yea plastic would be the way to go! Keep us updated on how this turns out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts