2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I read a pinned post on my FB Mazda club (Third Gen Society) where it shows you how to change background image/ turn off speed restriction on touch screen/ reduce disclaimer time/ re-enable wifi/ usb video playback. Apparently all these things can be downloaded as a package and then uploaded into your infotainment system? One of the admins of the FB group happens to live in my city and he and a few other members and I got together for a meet yesterday, the admin hooked me up with the download and yeah it works.

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I want to do this for one reason and one reason alone: allow me to use the touch screen while the car is in motion.This task seems daunting however. Did you guys use a long ethernet cable to your router or what?

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Reactions: miket0429

·
Registered
34 Posts
It;s like information overload. I've got a lot of reading to do. Is there a step-by-step guide to uploading the above mentioned zip files onto the car's system?

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
It;s like information overload. I've got a lot of reading to do. Is there a step-by-step guide to uploading the above mentioned zip files onto the car's system?
if you still want to change your background image and do not find the files in the big big big big thread...

all you have to do is in this post
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...714-infotainment-project-181.html#post1334826

mega:///#!R0dlBIQR!l2AfPf0obIOPk4Ysg_ndxxoUQwZWySHHXOdcEsn3SOA
download the script

copy the files on a usb-stick

start your mazda by pressing 2x the ignition (without starting the engine)
insert the stick.. wait... wait until message "background successfully changed" STILL WAIT

until message "dataretreival complete"

NOW take off the usb-stick and restart your system... your background is changed
i think it is as easy as playing music on the mazda :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts