2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

381 - 400 of 416 Posts

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
Is it possible to create an app, using CASDK ,for generating images on top of rear view camera video?
For example adjustable/moving guiding lines?
You can do that without CASDK, just use some jquery to append your DOM element to the reverse camera template then use CSS to position. And I'm pretty sure you can move the already existing overlaid elements with CSS too but I'm not 100% on that. You can definitely add elements even if you have to append to a higher level of the DOM but you don't need CASDK for that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can use an empty card I use 2 cards both have CASDK on them one just has navigation as well (I take that one out to play videos and other memory heavy activities). To prepare the SD card you just load SD card files from releases page in the repo then run the USB installer and you're good to go: https://github.com/flyandi/mazda-custom-application-sdk. If you are down to send me your app I am interested to test it as well and I could maybe help you develop it if you want.
I can send it to you, probably I'll upload the "project" on GitHub and we can both contribute to it. For the moment it's very simplistic I just added the player and pause/play buttons to make sure it works in the car, after that I can continue to develop it. I will prepare the SD Card and I'll try it soon.

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
I can send it to you, probably I'll upload the "project" on GitHub and we can both contribute to it. For the moment it's very simplistic I just added the player and pause/play buttons to make sure it works in the car, after that I can continue to develop it. I will prepare the SD Card and I'll try it soon.
Just to let you know if you are using HTML5 video tags they will not work in the car. I did a bunch of tests recently and while they will work in a emulator or similar they are left out of the implementation of opera that is in the system. I got sound only to work with webm format videos and not very well. I'm not saying not to try it but I am preparing you so that you don't get ultimate disappointment if it doesn't work. If you're using something else then awesome it might work. Share it whenever you're ready, thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! Is it possible to get access to HUD on cx-5 2017? Standard navigation can append some GUI elements, maybe there is possibility to append any more from custom apps?

·
Registered
3 Posts
How to make a 'beep'?

Hi all.
Does anyone know how to make an app play a beep in the cars speakers?
I have tried something like:

beep: new Audio('beep.wav'),
this.beep.play();​

Where the file 'beep.wav' is in the same dirctory as the source files.

Neither the simulator or the car play anything:smile2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello!
I am working on a GPS Logger. It starts working. So I saw there are a lot of information more available f.e. FuelGaugePosition, VehicleSpeed, EngineSpeed, AccelPedalPosition, ...
Is there any information how to get usefull values (VehicleSpeed with 14715 is a little strange ;-) )

Thx, r

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi all.
Does anyone know how to make an app play a beep in the cars speakers?
I have tried something like:

beep: new Audio('beep.wav'),
this.beep.play();​

Where the file 'beep.wav' is in the same dirctory as the source files.

Neither the simulator or the car play anything:smile2:
Uhm, i think it not possible to play beep like you said...

May be you can try this system function: framework.common.beep("Short", source); ---> source: where the event to play beep...

Never try this before, please tell me if it work... :grin2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bringing custom application to front

Hi All,

Could you please advise how I could make a custom application - written using the CASDK framework - to appear/bring itself forward and receive focus once specified conditions become true?
To be specific, I understand that applications run in the background after CMU startup once their instance is "created". I wrote an app that tracks the GPS coordinates of the car. What I would like to achieve is the making the GUI appear as I approach home... I can't figure the appropriate functions/api calls out. Otherwise the app works fine.

Apparently I could navigate to the application menu manually, I am just too lazy. :)

Thanks for your help in advance!

Regards,
Attila

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't mean to resurrect this thread from the dead, but I would like to resurrect this project.

I cloned the repos for the sdk and the simulator. After a bit of messing around with the simulator code, I was able to build from source and get it running on my Ubuntu computer. There were a few API breaking changes to electron in the last few years.

However, it looks like there is a bit of a difference between the source for the SDK and the latest "release" on github. For one thing, "build-runtime" does not exist within the gulp file to even build the runtime from source.

It looks like flyandi hasn't been around for awhile, but from my understanding TrezDog44 has used these casdk applications on the car. Any help figuring out where the state of things was left off and how to get back started would be appreciated.

I'd like to improve the documentation and flesh this out a bit if it would be beneficial to the community. Long term goals, I would like to port the enhanced-compass application to this framework. I would also like to support split-screen casdk applications so that you can have the enhanced-compass on one side and the speedometer or music player on the other.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi All,

Could you please advise how I could make a custom application - written using the CASDK framework - to appear/bring itself forward and receive focus once specified conditions become true?
To be specific, I understand that applications run in the background after CMU startup once their instance is "created". I wrote an app that tracks the GPS coordinates of the car. What I would like to achieve is the making the GUI appear as I approach home... I can't figure the appropriate functions/api calls out. Otherwise the app works fine.

Apparently I could navigate to the application menu manually, I am just too lazy. :)

Thanks for your help in advance!

Regards,
Attila
There is an option to bring the fuel economy app forward at shutdown; you might see if you can find that trigger.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i try this sdk and my infotainment always lagging. and i can't uninstall it because the autorun did'nt shop up everytime i mount the usb. can anyone help me with this problem. i think my cmu got corrupted :(

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Guys,

I already started reading about dev application for mzd. I have quick question whether it is possible to create application for security reasons like, you have to put PIN code before computer will allow you to start the engine, it is possible to write it or not ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
(Where) Can I extend the monitored values that the apps can register to (for example "VehicleData.vehicle.speed")?

I know the speedometer (standalone) app has its speedometer.sh (SPEED=`smdb-read -n vdm_vdt_current_data -e VehicleSpeed`), but where do CASDK apps get these values from? Btw. the speedometer.sh is pulling the values via OBD2 PIDs (for example "VehicleSpeed"), correct? So any PID could be added there?

Thanks

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
(Where) Can I extend the monitored values that the apps can register to (for example "VehicleData.vehicle.speed")?

I know the speedometer (standalone) app has its speedometer.sh (SPEED=`smdb-read -n vdm_vdt_current_data -e VehicleSpeed`), but where do CASDK apps get these values from? Btw. the speedometer.sh is pulling the values via OBD2 PIDs (for example "VehicleSpeed"), correct? So any PID could be added there?

Thanks
Well here are the scripts getting the values and writing them to temp files: https://github.com/Trevelopment/MZD-AIO/tree/master/app/files/tweaks/casdk/scripts
this one watches them all: https://github.com/Trevelopment/MZD-AIO/blob/master/app/files/tweaks/casdk/resources/aio/autorun/mzd-casdk.start
and here are the subscription handlers so the values can be accessed by the JavaScript code: https://github.com/Trevelopment/MZD-AIO/blob/f3f9049cfc804014a912a601a962a573170becfe/app/files/tweaks/casdk/resources/aio/mzd-casdk/runtime/runtime.js#L1253

So I don't know what you are looking for but I tried to include every possible available value table that could be read.

·
Registered
33 Posts
As I said in the BLE TPMS thread, I'm looking for a way to bring the Arduino/BLE board values to a CASDK app. MazdaRacerDude did it with the speedometer.sh (but that's standalone).

For the moment, my Arduino has values for oil sensor and oil pressure, later on I want to add TPMS. I also didn't find "boost" but I know it has a PID in the 124 Spider.

I'll look into the files you linked, much appreciated, thank you.

381 - 400 of 416 Posts