2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

361 - 380 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a market where these apps can be purchased and loaded onto the SDcard? I tried following along and am not a programmer in the least. I'd love to be able to buy an app, download it to the SD in my car and have it work. The whole "Applications" feature is really bogus if their isn't anything you can add to the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is there a market where these apps can be purchased and loaded onto the SDcard? I tried following along and am not a programmer in the least. I'd love to be able to buy an app, download it to the SD in my car and have it work. The whole "Applications" feature is really bogus if their isn't anything you can add to the car.
Sadly, there is no such market. Mazda execs, are you listening?

For right now, there aren't really any useful apps available through the SDK that you can't get from the AIO installer. At least not any that are worth the effort. There are versions of Tetris and Breakout, but both are more proof-of-concepts than games that you are likely to play more than once. The other apps that came with the SDK are all items that are aimed at programmers to show the SDK rather than stuff that you would actually use.

On the off chance that you aren't familiar with the AIO, go here http://mazdatweaks.com or
read the forum thread here

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone know the event name for pressing the mute button (on the volume knob)?
I don't see it in the simulator.
I don't think the framework supports it. The code for the runtime seems to only reference the control knob and none of the other buttons. (so far as I can tell anyway. Take it with a grain of salt.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys

so i really tried it all and look everywhere but i could not find how to deploy new app to the simulator.

e.g. i wish to deploy the video player app in the simulator prior to the car deployment.

any suggestions / user guides?!

thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't think the framework supports it. The code for the runtime seems to only reference the control knob and none of the other buttons. (so far as I can tell anyway. Take it with a grain of salt.)
Yeah... I saw handlers in JCI's Common.js but it isn't tweaked by this package.
I figure I can "get by" with the events from the Multicontroller...there's enough buttons and directions to map for my audio needs >:)

May come back to this (volume knob) later but I'm anxious to get this thing running in my car and have very little time to tinker...and haven't programmed in many years :surprise:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Guys

so i really tried it all and look everywhere but i could not find how to deploy new app to the simulator.

e.g. i wish to deploy the video player app in the simulator prior to the car deployment.
I am not a programmer so don't take this as gospel. Someone else can feel free to correct me.

Short answer: you can't.

Long answer: apps that run from the framework aren't installed onto the system like other stand alone apps. At a minimum, you would need to edit the CSS files so that they have the special structure required by the framework but unless the app runs exclusively from it's folder without needing to change or install files elsewhere, they won't work without significant modifications.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Some progress on getting MZD UI working with Volumio service on Raspberry Pi, and some issues:

- I discovered that the JCI framework enables a firewall by default which modifies the ip tables. I undid this to make sure traffic to/from my RPi gets through (ports 80 and 3000)
- I initially used an IFrame to point Opera to content on my RPi, but Opera kept displaying an Internal Communication Error even though I added IFrames=1 in opera.ini. Display/control via MZD connect simulator and via Chrome on laptop to RPi worked fine though. I changed to using <div> and the MZD display works better, but there are obvious issues still:
- Not everything gets displayed. I had one try where most items were displayed (first attachment) and I could control the Volumio service on RPi from the touch-screen. All other attempts resulted in limited items being displayed (2nd attachment) or all black. The actual HTML page which the Volumio service serves up is minimal. It references Javascript files which I suppose are responsible for displaying and serving the content.

I figure the above may be a performance issue, since the display is incomplete/inconsistent. I have checked the Opera log which CASDK has reconfigured to write to under /tmp/ I believe and nothing useful was in the log file.

So my general question is this: assuming there is some performance/timing issue, what is a good approach to probe more?
- I have been tinkering opera.ini settings which I thought might make a difference, to no avail.
- I've contemplated updating Opera to a newer version but this seems to be a specialized build and has been tweaked by JCI
- I've contemplated installing a different (additional) browser on the MZD and launching it on top of Opera but I've no idea how (or if) I'd be able to intercept the car's multicontroller events

My next plan is to install tcpdump (Volumio does not have a window manager, just a console) on RPi to examine the TCP/HTTP/Websocket packets. Any other suggestions for finding the root cause of Opera display inconsistency?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I'm new to this forum, has anyone tried this on version 59.x? I am running OS version 59.00.441 NA N, which doesn't have wifi to debug over ssh.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried it, but my sd card is not working. I keep getting an Invalid SDcard message and the custom apps do not install. Any ideas? I tried two different SD cards with the same result. I don't have GPS in my car, so I don't have the GPS SD. I made sure the cards are formatted as FAT32. I also found on this thread and other online posts people having the same problem, but without a resolution.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also had/have the "Invalid SD card" problem. I downloaded an ISO image of navigation and put it on the SD card - I still get "Invalid SD card" but at least it mounts my card, and the apps load.

Here's the root of my SD card:
/apps
/system
/license
/content
label.txt

The latter 3 are from the BHP1 66 EZ1C ISO image.

I'll figure out the Nav later.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I tried it, but my sd card is not working. I keep getting an Invalid SDcard message and the custom apps do not install. Any ideas? I tried two different SD cards with the same result. I don't have GPS in my car, so I don't have the GPS SD. I made sure the cards are formatted as FAT32. I also found on this thread and other online posts people having the same problem, but without a resolution.
I also had/have the "Invalid SD card" problem. I downloaded an ISO image of navigation and put it on the SD card - I still get "Invalid SD card" but at least it mounts my card, and the apps load.

Here's the root of my SD card:
/apps
/system
/license
/content
label.txt

The latter 3 are from the BHP1 66 EZ1C ISO image.

I'll figure out the Nav later.

As far as I know (and probably I am mistaken) originals cards have their CID binded to the .lyc file they contain.

The binding is checked when you put the original sdcard into the navi. If it is right, the navi creates a new encryted file called "device.ngg" with data such as first gps fix, vin number (...) and deletes the "cardnotused.txt.sgn" file. After this you can copy/clone the sdcard and it will work (but only in your car). Also you can update it via naviextras.

When you patch the jci-linux_imx6_volans-release you are hardcoding a CID number and doesnt matter anymore the real CID of your card. So you only need to copy the right .lyc file for the hardcoded CID number into the sdcard.

Take a look at this post from championway (he's the master of these things) :chuck_norris 1:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/1925906-post13.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi anyone knows how to control radio tuner inside mazda with this SDK? (I would like to get some other values from it like signal strength and RDS PI code as well as manualy enter a desired frequency) is this posible? (and if it is how would I do that(how is FM Tuner even controlled?)

Thanks for Anwsering and Best Regards

·
Registered
18 Posts
So if we don't have NAV SD CARD can we use some empty SD Card ? How we should prepare the card to work in our cars?

I developed a test "youtube" app and I would like to see if it works in my car so I can continue developing it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys I am asking for help. I really like tge speedometer app, but it doesnt run well on my mazda 3. When I use it i get audio freezes with the navigation, cause the cpu/ram slow ist. When possible I'd like a minimalistic version of it, compass is not really needes, I only need the actual speed as gauge and number, mayve some data like consumption, altitute und trip, the other things are not so important.
Could anybody please simplify the app a little?? Thanks in advance

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
So if we don't have NAV SD CARD can we use some empty SD Card ? How we should prepare the card to work in our cars?
I developed a test "youtube" app and I would like to see if it works in my car so I can continue developing it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysUnTamhlkI
You can use an empty card I use 2 cards both have CASDK on them one just has navigation as well (I take that one out to play videos and other memory heavy activities). To prepare the SD card you just load SD card files from releases page in the repo then run the USB installer and you're good to go: https://github.com/flyandi/mazda-custom-application-sdk. If you are down to send me your app I am interested to test it as well and I could maybe help you develop it if you want.
Hi guys I am asking for help. I really like tge speedometer app, but it doesnt run well on my mazda 3. When I use it i get audio freezes with the navigation, cause the cpu/ram slow ist. When possible I'd like a minimalistic version of it, compass is not really needes, I only need the actual speed as gauge and number, mayve some data like consumption, altitute und trip, the other things are not so important.
Could anybody please simplify the app a little?? Thanks in advance
Since you are posting this question in the CASDK thread I'm going to assume you are looking for a minimalistic speedometer app that runs on CASDK. Well its already made here it is: https://github.com/flyandi/mazda-custom-application-sdk/tree/master/apps/app.speedometer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it possible to create an app, using CASDK ,for generating images on top of rear view camera video?
For example adjustable/moving guiding lines?

361 - 380 of 416 Posts