2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first time I've driven a car with low-profile tires (the 18" alloys), and I made a rookie mistake yesterday and scraped against a curb.

The scratch is only a few inches long and about a centimeter from the outside edge. Is there a quick way to repair this, or cover it up a bit?

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are some YouTube videos on repairing curb rash. I would recommend looking for a dedicated wheel repair shop in your area. There is one near me that advertises curb rash repair for $50 or less.

Btw, I did the same thing just a few weeks after purchasing my car. I'm using it as an excuse to buy aftermarket wheels ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's really minor. I'll look into the repair. I wouldn't mind taking it to a shop, but it might just happen again.

On aftermarket wheels–maybe one day. I really like the stock wheels actually.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are some YouTube videos on repairing curb rash. I would recommend looking for a dedicated wheel repair shop in your area. There is one near me that advertises curb rash repair for $50 or less.

Btw, I did the same thing just a few weeks after purchasing my car. I'm using it as an excuse to buy aftermarket wheels ;)
Not to elbow here...but.. I'll buy your stock wheels off of you when you do!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts