2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More of bounce off the curb.

Long story short, I was coming home tonight and someone was in my lane in a curve in town. (its more of a 45* turn then curve) I ended up hitting it, instead of him. Then nearly bouncing to the other lane. About 1/3 of the lip scraped, deep.

What would you do? Obviously I'm not going to drive around with it like that.

btw the car is a 2011 3. I think its the touring package. its the one with the snow flake looking rims.

·
Hella-gone
416 Posts
More of bounce off the curb.

Long story short, I was coming home tonight and someone was in my lane in a curve in town. (its more of a 45* turn then curve) I ended up hitting it, instead of him. Then nearly bouncing to the other lane. About 1/3 of the lip scraped, deep.

What would you do? Obviously I'm not going to drive around with it like that.

btw the car is a 2011 3. I think its the touring package. its the one with the snow flake looking rims.
First, I'd see if the wheel could be fixed by a wheel refinisher (I see these guys doing mobile work all ofer Atlanta). If not, then the cost of one refub/ebay wheel is well on your way to probably 1 or 2 aftermarket wheels and a new wheel is well on your way to 2 or 3 aftermarket wheels. It could be the excuse to get aftermarket wheels if you were looking for the excuse. Or wait for someone to sell their wheels and see if they'll sell individually.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I would like to get one rim and keep it stock for now, i mean with right at 4k, there is no reason to get rid of these rims and tires yet.

But one rim is going to be pricy. I think im gonna post in the wanted section pretty soon once i make up my mind.

·
Registered Drug User
100 Posts
Depending on how handy you are, and if the wheel isn't bent, you might try and fix it yourself. Here is a good write up:

Wheel Paint Repair

Also If you use Toyota "Lunar Mist Mettalic 1C8" it matches our wheel damn good.

But of course if your looking to offload some wheels...........

·
Registered
4 Posts
I scraped my stock wheels A LOT!! Lol damn curbs, but what I did I just used sand paper sand really well. As for the finish I'm not sure what you could do yourself. Sanding is perfect for a temporary fix. Stock wheels are expensive also, maybe better off getting aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Depending on how handy you are, and if the wheel isn't bent, you might try and fix it yourself. Here is a good write up:

Wheel Paint Repair

Also If you use Toyota "Lunar Mist Mettalic 1C8" it matches our wheel damn good.

But of course if your looking to offload some wheels...........
Nice link, may have to try this. Got a nice little scrape on my rim the other day from the curb. My car's first wound.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well, after looking over it again. The back rim got it just as bad. I think I'm going to try to sand it smooth and see what i can do with painting over it for now. But once the tires are worn out ( gonna take foreverrr) the rims are coming off.

Thanks for yall's help!

Definitely will be using the link. If I can get it turn out half that good ill be extremely happy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts