2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heey guys im just wondering if which is better either the cocksport 2.25" front and 1.75" rear drop spring or the road magnet 1.75" drop. im having hardtime to choose so help a fellow mazda out :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lots of lowering spring threads. There both good. Depends how low you want to go.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
i see i was reading the road magnet one and most of the cars is a bit lower in the back.
if i get the road magnet do i need to buy camber kit for front and back???or just the back??? noob stat

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm a noob too but I was told as a general rule of thumb. You'll want camber arms if you're lowering more than 1.5. Idk if you need front and rear, if someone could back me up and confirm, thanks.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
I'm lowered 1.5 on corksport springs and I need the rear camber arms. My rear camber is 2.7 which is more than enough to wear out the inside of the tires. Plus with the deal warlord is getting us the arms for why not get them to be safe. Front camber plates don't seem to be necessary unless you are fine tuning for the track.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Control arm is different than camber arm. The camber arm allows you to adjust the camber on the rear wheels. Control arm is basically what holds the wheel and suspension to the car.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Yes you need control arms

Please spend more time searching instead of creating a thread

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
if im running the stock rims and tires do i still need to adjust camber

It doesn't matter what tires or rims. Once you get it lowered the rear camber will need to be adjusted. These cars already come with negative factory
camber. When you lower the car it puts more camber on suspension.

Okay thank you do i need that?

What the control arm? No.

Just get the rear camber arms and you will be fine.

·
Hai Guyz C:
774 Posts
Actually till August 30th...

·
Registered
142 Posts
i was goin to post that i heard the corksport ones are on back order. i have the road magnet 1.25 ones and im happy. going to run these till the fall when i go to coils.

·
Hai Guyz C:
774 Posts
Yeah... That's why I ended up with eibachs... Spencer from CS called me and told me that they wouldn't e in until aug 30 so I just cancelled it over the phone

·
2012 Mazda 3i Sport owner
245 Posts
Personally I think the drop on the drop from the CS springs looks perfect, also they seem to do a fair bit of research when making products, so I'll probably buy them once I move somewhere without a steep ass driveway.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts