2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2010 MS3
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cruise control works fine when the parking lights or the head lights are turned off, but as soon as you turn the lights switch to either the parking lights or the head lights, the "green" cruise control light turns "amber", and the cruise contro disengages. If the lights are already on, the cruise control in the dash lights up "amber", but when you try to set the speed, nothing happens. =/ All I've done with the head lights is put in 55W 6000K HID's.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this, or has anyone else had this happen to them?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Disconnect the hids and try to use the cruise control again. if it works then you might have some kind of short in your system or it's drawing too current. Also, do you have the wiring harness installed? it might help if you don't have it installed, I heard that the headlight wiring can't handle 55w too well

·
2010 MS3
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so after a full disassembly of everything electrical that I've done to the car, I found the problem. When I first got the car, one of the first things I changed was the tail light light bulbs to LED light bulbs, apparantly, they were causing a short and it was making the ECU think the that brakes were being depressed when I turned the lights on (causing the cruise control not to engage). So I just threw the stock bulbs back in and I'm g2g!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts