2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys

I'm checking the Web but I see no other reports about my issue so figured I'd ask here.

I drive a 2021 Mazda 3 manual trans.

I've had it a month.

Over the weekend I engaged the cruise control and the vehicle just suddenly started accelerating way past the marked speed.
By way past, I mean, the cruise control was set at 100km/h, but it just kept going faster and faster. I felt the engine kept going so I canceled the cruise control, wondering wth was going on.

The road was quiet so I tested it again after getting a bit of a fright.

Set it at 100, and the car just sped up and up till I eventually cancelled the cruise control when it passed 140km/h with a mind of its own. I'm sure if I left it it would just have kept accelerating. The cruise control indicator was definitely set to 100.

Tested it again this afternoon...exactly the same issue.

Aside from being helluva dangerous, my car is practically brand new.

Anyone else had this happen?
Suggestions?

·
Registered
42 Posts
The adaptive cruise can sometimes feel a bit odd but that sounds totally different. Got to agree - back to the dealer that sold it with a video - someone in the back seat can probably get the heads up display (if you have it) to show in a video too so they can see how it's set.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. My model is not the adaptive CC, just normal CC. Here in South Africa the models differ quite a bit from other countries, and the radar adaptive CC is only availble on the top model, which price-wise, isnt worth it.

The video idea is good, but the problem is intermittent so no knowing when it'll occur again.

Anyway, I have discussed with the dealer and the car will be going in on Friday to be checked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts