2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my new M3 AWD GT (CDN spec) for a few weeks and other than a few hiccups, I really love the car and very happy with the decision. I’m coming from a flawless 2013 Civic so expectations are high.
One annoyance I have is I notice that the cruise control tries way to hard to keep the speed spot on the programmed setting, particularly on short hills. While going down a short hill, instead of just backing the throttle, the system briefly engages the brakes. This probably confuses and annoys drivers behind me based on how annoyed I get when drivers touch their brakes for no apparent reason in front of me.
Does anyone one know is earlier versions of MRCC was like this or is this part of the overall re-design efforts needing to be smoothed out over time.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes, I agree, the Cruise can be a bit aggressive when picking up speed. I generally bring the car up to about the speed I want before engage.
Another matter is the Radar-Follow, on level road, it worked beautifully, going uphill, its OK; but going downhill, it will break heavily and then release, then break heavily again, and on and on. It simply cannot maintain a reasonable distance going downhill while following. Software issue again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I agree, the Cruise can be a bit aggressive when picking up speed. I generally bring the car up to about the speed I want before engage.
Another matter is the Radar-Follow, on level road, it worked beautifully, going uphill, its OK; but going downhill, it will break heavily and then release, then break heavily again, and on and on. It simply cannot maintain a reasonable distance going downhill while following. Software issue again.
The programming seems to be short on resolution in the reaction curves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts