2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

221 - 235 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Help request for Cruise Control Mod. The connetor does not fit.

Hi everyone,

I followed the advise on this thread and bought a BNK8-66-4M2 cable and the cruise control component for the steering wheel of a Mazda 3, 2015 model.
After spending quite a lot of time to remove and dismantle the steering wheel, finally I found the cable does not fit the connector on the existing Audio control component.
Refer attached images, can anyone advise the correct cable I need to get to make this work?

With Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hi everyone,

I followed the advise on this thread and bought a BNK8-66-4M2 cable and the cruise control component for the steering wheel of a Mazda 3, 2015 model.
After spending quite a lot of time to remove and dismantle the steering wheel, finally I found the cable does not fit the connector on the existing Audio control component.
Refer attached images, can anyone advise the correct cable I need to get to make this work?

With Thanks
This is really strange. I also have a 2015 Mazda 3 and bought BNK8-66-4M2 cable. Connector on your photo looks the same on mine (new).
The only thing that looks different is that your car is righthand drive?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
I've just bought Mazda 3 2.2SE D. It's UK version with the right hand side wheel. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the CC. I would like to install one but not sure if it will work as I've seen the parts could be different. Did anyone tried installing CC on the right hand sided car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,

This was resolved by buying a new audio control component for the steering wheel. Seems my model has the original part from China with a different connector. The new part was from Thailand and fitted with the BNK8-66-4M2 cable.

Overall this was a bigger undertaking than I imagined. Probably about 6-12 hours of time in total, researching on the web, opening the steering wheel and dismantling it and then re-installing and programming the computer. There are quite a number of fiddly steps and a learning curve for a novice. Not sure I'd do it again (if I had a need to)! Saying that I'd probably be able to do the job in 1-1.5 hours if I needed to after this experience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Overall this was a bigger undertaking than I imagined. Probably about 6-12 hours of time in total, researching on the web, opening the steering wheel and dismantling it and then re-installing and programming the computer. There are quite a number of fiddly steps and a learning curve for a novice. Not sure I'd do it again (if I had a need to)! Saying that I'd probably be able to do the job in 1-1.5 hours if I needed to after this experience.
I agree with that , It took me at least 3 hours mainly because I spent almost an entire hour trying to figure out why the clips(2 at the sides not the big bottom one) for the airbag were not releasing only to find out that after the initial release you still have to keep pushing to get a it fully unclipped or it will clip back in when you release the other side. I have found dismantling any part of these cars requires force just on the edge of what might break the part.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

I successfully installed cruise control on my Mazda 3 - SO AWESOME!

One odd thing though, my auto driver's side window up/down function doesn't seem to work now. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nevermind. I just had to re-program the window switch because I disconnected the battery. Thanks again for this tutorial!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys thank you all for the effort you’re doing here in the forum. It really taught ma lot about how to install a cruise control.

I have Mazda 3 2016 and i need to install a cruise control. my VIN IS JM7BM1SZXG1316451. I am welling to buy the parts and install forscan and install it. However. I am not familiar with forscan do you have any tips for me.
Also do you recommend i dismantle the audio buttons and see how the cables look before I buy the parts.

Kind regards
Saad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,
After a few months of preparation I put the cruise control in my Mazda 3. I will give you guys some advices:
• removing the airbag is a horrible task, I spent like 30 minutes just to take it off the wheel
• I bought the steering wheel with all the buttons for CC with Lim, unfortunately it was missing the airbag connection. I had to remove it from the old socket and put it to the new one (very easy, the slot for the airbag in the new socket was empty so I just had to put it in)
• All forscan readings and codings were easy, just follow the videos from SergSlim and you should be fine
• if you take out your steering wheel, before putting the airbag back in place make sure you screwed the wheel back in and it's in the correct position ( I had to remove the airbag twice because I forgot these lol)

My Mazda is right-hand drive and didnt have any issues with it.

Thank you everyone for all the help and good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have mazda 3 2015 how to active cruise control i have forscan But I do not know the way to amend, I need help number chaise JM7BM1S72G1325109 NUMBER WHATSAPP 00966536082342

·
Registered
2 Posts
My question is - Can i change my clock spring KD45-66-CS0A to KD49-66-CS0A? It has many functions that i dont need (SCBS,Bixenon,camera)
Reason why I like to change it to KD49-66-CS0A instead of KD51-66-CS0A is - part is in my country much more cheaper (used one)

Hello,

Has anyone found the answer to this question?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I would expect it to work, as you state that it has more functions (more wires inside, than you need). And the connectors look the same (type and numbers). Just google for pictures of both clock springs.
Examples: KD45 / KD49

I swapped my KD49 (CX5 KE) to a DE8H (CX5 KF) clock spring, which has one connector more for steering warmer heater (thicker cable inside)... and this was a problem and I had to adapt/cut-out the steering wheel, as it was not enough space in the steering wheel for the additional connector.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would expect it to work, as you state that it has more functions (more wires inside, than you need). And the connectors look the same (type and numbers). Just google for pictures of both clock springs.
Examples: KD45 / KD49

I swapped my KD49 (CX5 KE) to a DE8H (CX5 KF) clock spring, which has one connector more for steering warmer heater (thicker cable inside)... and this was a problem and I had to adapt/cut-out the steering wheel, as it was not enough space in the steering wheel for the additional connector.
Thank you very much for your info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hola, tengo un M3 2017 y ya instalé los botones en el volante, pero no sé qué más hacer o cómo proceder ... ¿Alguien puede guiarme? Necesito instalar CC pero no sé qué más debo comprar o cómo instalarlo ... ¿Me pueden ayudar?

221 - 235 of 235 Posts