2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed cruise control on their 2014 Mazda 3? I really miss this feature on mine and would like to add it to my Mazda3. I see Rostra has a universal kit, but it looks like some splicing into wires, so I'm not sure if I could get it to work correctly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Has anyone installed cruise control on their 2014 Mazda 3? I really miss this feature on mine and would like to add it to my Mazda3. I see Rostra has a universal kit, but it looks like some splicing into wires, so I'm not sure if I could get it to work correctly.
Have you been able to accomplish this yet?

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife and I recently purchased a 2014 mazda 3 and it didn't have cruise as an option, but the dealership had a trusted garage which would install the rostra cruise. Well for the most part it works so far, but any time it needs to accelarate any considerable ammount it confuses the computer and kicks it into default. Restarting the car fixes this but it's not ideal as it means taking the car off cruise at every relatively steep hill :p. My guess is the gain on the cruise is set too high and needs to be lowered. If we can get this fixed I'd say it is totally worth it!

·
Banned
351 Posts
Can you provide detail how to enable cruise ?
I very interest this.
Indeed yesterday I was able activate original function of cruise control. The cruise control works! But after activating cruise control I have one not a big problem. I need to solve this problem. When problem will be solved I will tell how can activate cruise control.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Indeed yesterday I was able activate original function of cruise control. The cruise control works! But after activating cruise control I have one not a big problem. I need to solve this problem. When problem will be solved I will tell how can activate cruise control.
Sure i will keep waiting for this because every model in my country doesn't have cruise control and i really need this.

Keep up the good work, Thank you.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Activate cruise control (On example of car for Europe for VIN JMZBM42A8311xxxxx)

You will need:
1. File ASBuilt your car.
2. File ASBuilt similar car, but with cruise control.
3. Access to original IDS scanner.

Let's start.

Open file ASBuilds in any text editor.
1.Copy in file ASBuit car with cruise control your data: VIN and checksum.

2. Check identity of dashboard (IC it is 720). These data should be identical!

3. Copied different digits of VIN number
4. Changing checksum. Checksum calculated by formula: Sum digits of VIN number. VIN position13+VIN position14+VIN position15+VIN position16+VIN position17+210 = 230 (BIN) or E6 (HEX) (for Example, for VIN JMZBM42A831123663 it will be 2+3+6+6+3+210 = 230 (DEC) or E6 in HEX. Where 210 is a constant number for VIN JMZBM42A8311xxxxx.

ATTENTION formula only for VIN JMZBM42A8311xxxxx !!!

5. Save file as VIN of your car (in example JMZBM42A831123663.ab)
6.Go to diagnostic computer with program IDS. Open folder with program IDS (default is C:\Program Files\Mazda Motor Company). And copy our file (JMZBM42A831123663.ab) to a folder Calibrations Files (default is C:\Program Files\Mazda Motor Company\Calibrations Files).
7. Turning off Internet (it you must made sure!).
8. Open program IDS.
9. Go to configuration units.
10. Select IC. Program will offer "auto" or "manual" mode! Select "automatic" mode. Next do everything will be suggested by program.

NOTE NOT CONFIGURE OTHER UNITS EXCEPT IC with NEW FILE!!!!

If you did everything correctly, program not will give any errors and your car will have cruise control.

Remember! All that you do. You do at own risk!

Good luck!

NOTE THIS EXAMPLE IS ONLY FOR VEHICLES WITH VIN JMZBM42A8311xxxxx!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sooooo if I buy and install the steering wheel control will the dealership do the programs for me? I thought I may have to buy some sensors or relays. Addition to the steering control

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello Mr. Withe, what problem happened if you don't update those system files on the computer? dont have IDS scanner here, and don't want to go visit dealership for this, for sure they won't allow such modification...

BTW how about the Clock Spring, did you had to change it as well or just stock?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Withe. Thank you for your information. I have more interesting for cruise control in my M3. I live in BKK, Don't have cruise on any model here.
Can you share ASBuilds file for study case? Thank you so much. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I am from Malaysia. I own Mazda 3 - GL since Nov 2015. There are only 2 variant here in Malaysia, GL (mid sepc) and HS (high Spec). Basically the GL is so call the basic model. So there is no cruise control & paddle shift and the rest of the stuffs - not to be mention.

I am here to look for alternative to add on an aftermarket cruise control & paddle shift to my basic 3.
I have tried to source around, and found one from China. Reason of not getting the original part is because it's much more expensive here - or the dealer here may not sell to me because they want to protect the HS line. And since this is a trial, I don't mind to pay for cheaper part & see if it works. So today, I took the plunge to order below :

???CX5CX-5???? ?????????? ???? ????-??????

???CX-5CX5???????? ??????????????-??????

Yes, you are right, seeing the link given, it's stuffs for CX5. But I was told that all the skyactiv mazda share the same steering & switches.
Looking into this thread, made me more positively looking into adding one.
I may overlook some problem before taking the plunge. The cruise control part - some of the reviewer gave a straight plug & play comment - which mean there is no reflashing program required. But looking at this thread, seems like I am wrong. Hm...probably I am going to waste the cruise control switch, unless I could get someone to from the dealer/service center kind enough to reprogram for me. But is there anyway I can avoid wasting this purchase or visit the service center & bag them to reflash for me is the last resort?

Well, I have not got the part yet. I just hope that it could be just plug & play and not programming required in order to get it work. Finger cross.

Will keep you guys posted once I got the parts & will share with you all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi @Withe

so Is the constant 210 the same for another VIN?

BR,

Activate cruise control (On example of car for Europe for VIN JMZBM42A8311xxxxx)

You will need:
1. File ASBuilt your car.
2. File ASBuilt similar car, but with cruise control.
3. Access to original IDS scanner.

Let's start.

Open file ASBuilds in any text editor.
1.Copy in file ASBuit car with cruise control your data: VIN and checksum.

2. Check identity of dashboard (IC it is 720). These data should be identical!

3. Copied different digits of VIN number
4. Changing checksum. Checksum calculated by formula: Sum digits of VIN number. VIN position13+VIN position14+VIN position15+VIN position16+VIN position17+210 = 230 (BIN) or E6 (HEX) (for Example, for VIN JMZBM42A831123663 it will be 2+3+6+6+3+210 = 230 (DEC) or E6 in HEX. Where 210 is a constant number for VIN JMZBM42A8311xxxxx.

ATTENTION formula only for VIN JMZBM42A8311xxxxx !!!

5. Save file as VIN of your car (in example JMZBM42A831123663.ab)
6.Go to diagnostic computer with program IDS. Open folder with program IDS (default is C:\Program Files\Mazda Motor Company). And copy our file (JMZBM42A831123663.ab) to a folder Calibrations Files (default is C:\Program Files\Mazda Motor Company\Calibrations Files).
7. Turning off Internet (it you must made sure!).
8. Open program IDS.
9. Go to configuration units.
10. Select IC. Program will offer "auto" or "manual" mode! Select "automatic" mode. Next do everything will be suggested by program.

NOTE NOT CONFIGURE OTHER UNITS EXCEPT IC with NEW FILE!!!!

If you did everything correctly, program not will give any errors and your car will have cruise control.

Remember! All that you do. You do at own risk!

Good luck!

NOTE THIS EXAMPLE IS ONLY FOR VEHICLES WITH VIN JMZBM42A8311xxxxx!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi @Withe

Can you share with me the As Built files for Mazda 3 without and with cruise control for a bit more investigation and understanding?

Is the only change for As Built between cruise and without cruise control is by changing 2E to 6A under <DATA LABEL="7B7-01-03"> to enable cruise control?

I understand I need to look for the check sum for my country in Malaysia.

@danieloo
I am from Malaysia too. Do you want to look into this together? Seems interesting.

·
Registered
87 Posts
... silly question can TPMS be activated the same way ???

I know is a default option on all US models but it is not an option in Canada (only with tech package) ...

·
Banned
351 Posts
Hi @Withe

Can you share with me the As Built files for Mazda 3 without and with cruise control for a bit more investigation and understanding?

Is the only change for As Built between cruise and without cruise control is by changing 2E to 6A under <DATA LABEL="7B7-01-03"> to enable cruise control?

I understand I need to look for the check sum for my country in Malaysia.

@danieloo
I am from Malaysia too. Do you want to look into this together? Seems interesting.
No. 7B7 it is RBCM and not associated with a feature cruise control.

1 - 20 of 235 Posts