2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if anyone else has had this problem...

I've had the 2010 3 for about 3 weeks and the reception sucked. Especially compared to my other vehicles in this area. I figured it was having the antenna embedded in the back window.

Sooo... this last weekend I was cleaning the back window for the first time and noticed a wire hanging loose. Couldn't see it until I was right up under it. It was the antenna wire! I plugged it in, and there was a world of difference. I'm surprised I got any reception at all with it unplugged.

Anyway, I figure they put the back window in by robot and someone comes by to plug the wire in afterward. They must have missed mine. Could have missed yours too.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Do you have the sedan with the element antenna? Or the hatch? I'm thinking about upgrading to a "shark fin" antenna.

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Do you have the sedan with the element antenna? Or the hatch? I'm thinking about upgrading to a "shark fin" antenna.
Sounds like he has a sedan. The shark fin will no doubt reduce reception. I never listen to radio anyway, so I guess I wouldn't care.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same thing happened to me too! No reception, then I noticed some little black plastic thingy dangling in the back window. How lame!

·
Registered
476 Posts
My radio reception rocks! I can get radio stations that I usually dont get with my explorer which has that long antenna on the front. I have the speed3 which has the plastic short antenna in the back, not the shark fin one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
FM seems to work great for me in the SF Bay area. But the AM seems to crack & give static every time I hit a bump!
(HatchBack) Anyone know where the connectors are?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was hooked on Sirius when I was driving my 2010 around! Never had satellite radio and it is freaking sweet!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had this problem. I noticed some kinda static sound and a crack every time i go over a speed bump or have a slightly rough ride. I don't have my car right now. But will def look at it after.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts