2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this stuff or recommend it? I'm trying to nail down all the maintenance I need to do for the car. I saw there was two ways to apply this spray, either through the throttle body or brake booster line. Is the vacuum line better to use? Also I have about 40k kms on the car. Thank you!
Liquid Fluid Drink Paint Plant

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
yes i have used it. it's completely worthless. most of these products are.

reality check:
1. although carbon on intake valves can and does happen, mazda went to great lengths to change how hot the valves get to minimize carbon buildup. it is VERY rare to be a problem.
2. if you're spraying this stuff into the intake, it's just not there long enough to do anything. if you want to go the chemical route, you need to soak the valves for a good length of time. there are products that are good for dissolving carbon if left to work for quite a few hours. most don't do much, you'll need to do some research.
3. the most effective method for cleaning out the valve carbon is to pick it out by hand and use walnut blast.
4. this is in no way part of regular maintenance. should only be done if there's a problem and reason to believe that valve carbon is the issue. at 40k kms i can pretty much guarantee that you don't have a problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve used this product many times on my Kia GDI and without issues. However when I used it on my wife’s 2.0 Skyactiv, it felt like I snapped a rod when it was time to take it on the highway. Dash board lit up and lost power then a large puff of smoke came out and there were no codes. Felt like some power returned and the wife said she got some better fuel economy. I won’t try it on my Turbo after that.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I’ve used this product many times on my Kia GDI and without issues. However when I used it on my wife’s 2.0 Skyactiv, it felt like I snapped a rod when it was time to take it on the highway. Dash board lit up and lost power then a large puff of smoke came out and there were no codes. Felt like some power returned and the wife said she got some better fuel economy. I won’t try it on my Turbo after that.
You just had some pool in the intake/piston. Not enough to hydrolock it so no big deal.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5 non sky
1,420 Posts
CK sometimes is not about the fuel (yes i agree the fuel can with ethanol and cars inactivity can gum up injectors and maybe intake valve is unspent ) but any build up is from
intake valve staying open when exhaust valve expelling and stuff sticks around. But yes again fuel grade and spiking up the octane does reduce it with a better cleaner burn .
Im sure colder running spark plugs help too so there is no not pre detonating in high temp events (tracking) and even better ignition coils. Where oem will spark once some aftermarket
do a ultra fast 10 sparks (and increased spark amperage) in same interval as OEM coil.

I agree with Z that those sprays need to stay / linger / and soak to work to dissolve loosen the build up.
I have read the liqui moly valve cleaner is pretty effective if left to soak. Only prob its not available as a spray
so you have to move it to a spray bottle and dont get any on the MAF (best to remove MAF if trying any thing)

Reactions: nyroadside
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.