2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just picked up a 2016 3, and have noticed that a few of the plastic plugs in the underside of the side sill/rocker panels have already started to show paint cracking around them (since Mazda install the plugs before they paint the car).

I can only assume the cracking of the paint from the movement of the plugs is normal?

Another question I have, is there are two black metal pegs fastened into the bottom of the rear doors, that nestle themselves into a black plastic cup/recess in the door jamb. What is their function?

Thanks.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just picked up a 2016 3, and have noticed that a few of the plastic plugs in the underside of the side sill/rocker panels have already started to show paint cracking around them (since Mazda install the plugs before they paint the car).

I can only assume the cracking of the paint from the movement of the plugs is normal?

Another question I have, is there are two black metal pegs fastened into the bottom of the rear doors, that nestle themselves into a black plastic cup/recess in the door jamb. What is their function?

Thanks.
Can you post a picture for better clarity it'll help us determine the severity.

·
Working Class Hero
3,626 Posts
Welcome aboard.

The plugs, IIRC, are a soft plastic and really won't hold paint.

The pegs keep the doors from flying open in a side impact.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts