Banned
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news14.com/content/top_storie...d/Default.aspx

Wreck leaves two dead, others injured
Updated: 01/26/2008 05:49 PM
By: Aaron Mesmer

Fatal Wreck
News 14 Carolina's Aaron Mesmer is on the scene with the latest update.

CORNELIUS, N.C. -- Two young brothers died in a wreck Saturday morning in Cornelius.

The National Hot Rod Association web site reports the boys are the sons of driver Doug Herbert.

Jon Herbert, 17, and his 12-year-old brother James were in a 2008 Mazda that collided head-on with a 2004 Hummer H2 just before 10:30 a.m. Saturday at West Catawba Avenue and Jetton Road.

“…We both talked to him, and … I told him ‘My dad doesn’t like me riding with you because the way you drive, and he’s afraid you’re either going to kill someone one day or kill yourself in an accident, and today it happens,” said Jon Herbert’s friend Mike Long. “It’s just weird how things happen like that sometimes.”

According to a Cornelius Police Department press release, "Witnesses reported that the 2008 Mazda was traveling east on Jetton and attempted to pass a third vehicle, also traveling east, in the westbound lane against the flow of traffic."

"According to witnesses, the Mazda lost control and was struck by the Hummer traveling west on Jetton. Both occupants of the Mazda died at the scene."

Two people in the Hummer H2 were taken to the hospital. The driver, an adult male, was airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center. The passenger, a juvenile female, was taken by ambulane.

People at the scene say Jon and James were students at Southlake Christian Academy. The NHRA said their father Doug was in Arizona for preseason testing, but is now on his way back to North Carolina.

http://www.wbtv.com/news/topstories/14452337.html

Fatal Wreck on Jetton Road
There was a fatal crash on Jetton Road at West Catawba Avenue around 10:00 this morning.

There are two people confirmed dead at this time. The crash reportedly occurred when a mazda was racing up Jetton Road and hit a Hummer. There was also a third vehicle involved.

Jetton Road is back open at this time.

We will bring you more information as we get it.

http://news14.com/Video/video_pop.as...6&sid=1&rid=94

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Wow, I feel really bad for that 12-year-old. This is why you shouldn't speed, especially when you have a 12-year-old in your car.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
They don't. For example, Ant Crac gets pulled over for a 49 in a 25 and gets off with a warning. A month later he crashes into a parked car totaling his car with 2 other people in his car. He runs home, as the excuse he had to call his step-dad even though the kids in the car both have cell phones. He gets away with just careless driving. Cops really need to start disciplining more. It doesn't matter if your step-dad is Charlie Allen or if your dad is the captain state trooper. I think you should still be punished. How will anyone ever learn if the aren't getting punished?

·
Banned
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joel said:
They don't. For example, Ant Crac gets pulled over for a 49 in a 25 and gets off with a warning. A month later he crashes into a parked car totaling his car with 2 other people in his car. He runs home, as the excuse he had to call his step-dad even though the kids in the car both have cell phones. He gets away with just careless driving. Cops really need to start disciplining more. It doesn't matter if your step-dad is Charlie Allen or if your dad is the captain state trooper. I think you should still be punished. How will anyone ever learn if the aren't getting punished?
Amen brotha. haha. Its true tho, kids these days get away with a lot of things because of who they're parents are. Now if that happened to me, I would have gotten tickets outta my butt and my license taken away for leaving the scene of an accident.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
^^ lol yah I wish I had the opportunity to drive an MS3 in the game! If I did get into an accident (in the game oh please god!) I'd like get out with my green suit and run away.....

·
1,234 Posts
Yeah and not only is this ridiculous, this happened by me as well. There were five teenagers riding in a Mazda3 during a heavy rain storm and they tried to pass three or four cars at one time on a busy road. Almost all of them were killed and as I recall, the survivors didn't fare much better.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I wonder what the father is thinking.... i mean yeah his son is responsible for his own actions, but i'm sure being the person he is didn't help the situation :( I'm sure the son knew a thing or two about aggressive driving.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
WhatItsLikeToBe3 said:
Yeah and not only is this ridiculous, this happened by me as well. There were five teenagers riding in a Mazda3 during a heavy rain storm and they tried to pass three or four cars at one time on a busy road. Almost all of them were killed and as I recall, the survivors didn't fare much better.
Its sad to see 3 owners do that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts