2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 171 Posts

·
*The Electrician*
890 Posts
hello everybody.

Thanks to Trez, I have done some changes in the installation files. So it should also work with versions 59.x. All themes are updated with the new installation file.

Install procedure is still the same.

As I have a v56 on my own Mz3, could someone (who couldn't install theme + if possible on version 59.x) test the new version ?

Thanks in advance !
Will do this today sometime, will post my results.

Well bad news, really bad news, it bricked my head unit and I cannot do anything on it now :( very sad
Just kidding lol, worked beautifully, looks frickin awesome Mr Bigglesworth :) very happy, big thanks to Corwin for making these happen. On a side note I used an FAT16 USB stick for this process and it worked perfectly. Here is a pic of it working, Good Deadpool :)

Reactions: Corwin9s

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
Corwin9s, I popped on your site and saw the directions for changing a background photo. It said to just name it background.png and stick it on a USB and then stick it in the USB slot. Is it really that easy or are there other files I need to have on that USB to make it swap in the new background?
hi. it's quite so simple, but not so easy !

First, download the zip file of the theme you want.
Then unzip it in an empty USB flash drive (max 8Go).
You then will have some files and a folder in this drive. Those are the mandatory files.

Example of files that you need to have (as on a mac) :

If you want to change the background only, use the theme "Background Only". You of course will have only the filder "background". All other files are still mandatory !
So, to put the picture you want as background, delete the picture named background.png (in the folder background). Take your own picture, which has to be 480x800 pixels and a png file. Put your picture in the folder background and rename this picture to background.png.

Then plug the usb flash drive in your cave, etc....

Follow the video on the page or here : https://youtu.be/PLRoA6rum8Y

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Just kidding lol, worked beautifully, looks frickin awesome Mr Bigglesworth :) very happy, big thanks to Corwin for making these happen. On a side note I used an FAT16 USB stick for this process and it worked perfectly.

hi Midnightsky228 ! I'm happy it's working now !

could you share us your version of MZD ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
hi. it's quite so simple, but not so easy !

First, download the zip file of the theme you want.
Then unzip it in an empty USB flash drive (max 8Go).
You then will have some files and a folder in this drive. Those are the mandatory files.

Example of files that you need to have (as on a mac) :

If you want to change the background only, use the theme "Background Only". You of course will have only the filder "background". All other files are still mandatory !
So, to put the picture you want as background, delete the picture named background.png (in the folder background). Take your own picture, which has to be 400x800 pixels and a png file. Put your picture in the folder background and rename this picture to background.png.

Then plug the usb flash drive in your cave, etc....

Follow the video on the page or here : https://youtu.be/PLRoA6rum8Y
Er, wait. 400x800 or 480x800? (I have a 2017 if that matters at all?)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Er, wait. 400x800 or 480x800? (I have a 2017 if that matters at all?)
sorry, mistypo. you're right, it's 480x800.

by the way, you will find all detailled infos and howto on the page MZD Connect theme for Mazda on the links named • [ HOW TO USE THEMES ] • [ VIDEO TO INSTALL THEMES ] • [ HOW TO CHANGE BACKGROUND ] •

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Hello,

another new theme released :

US Military

Click here for more pictures and to download it

===========================================

For reminder :

HOW TO CHANGE BACKGROUND ?

It's very very easy !

First at all, the .zip has to be unzipped. Then go in the "background" folder. You may seen several files, like this for example:

Simply rename the picture you want as background to exactly "background.png" and delete the others (or not).

You also can add your own background picture, but remember that:
- size has to be 800x480 pixels
- file type has to be .png
- name has to be "background.png"

Enjoy theming !

·
Registered
67 Posts
Can we get a Rick and Morty theme?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Corwin9s,

Thanks for all the backgrounds you have put on this site (along with instructions). I installed one of the Steampunk backgrounds, it looks great. Just one more way to personalize my 3

·
Registered
504 Posts
how about an iron man one?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Holy shit. That's quick. Looks brilliant too. Thanks heaps!

81 - 100 of 171 Posts