2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, the company I work for offers its employees a corporate discount which offers me the chance to buy a new Mazda for only 2% over the dealer invoice. I'd like to know if anyone here has had the opportunity to benefit from a similar incentive or know someone who has in the past.

I have been keeping a close eye on leasing a 2015 GX Sport 6MT hatchback with the Comfort package (Tachometer, Trip odometer & Air conditionning) and I am looking into trading my Matrix for it. We test drove it last week and I am fully satifised with it, considering I won't be driving the car a lot (10,000 km/year).

I understand dealers are looking at making a 6-8% profit in our market but does anyone have any idea how much money I will be saving with this incentive? From what the sales manager and our car salesmen told me, it depends on the trim level and model but I am most likely looking at saving $500-600 off the GX Sport.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
The company I used to work for before had a lot of vehicle corporate incentive programs and none of them were all that amazing. At the end of the day the dealer will agree to the pricing but they might not have that "specific" model on the lot and the vehicles that are covered in the program are not "currently available".

I went to Audi, VW and Toyota with the incentive programs and each dealer made it not worth my while.

The best bet at getting good pricing is TrueCar, but even that can cause headaches.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Knowing you can guarantee the 2% over invoice, I would use that as the starting point in any pricing discussion. I am guessing you can beat that without a lot of effort. As has been suggested in may threads: define a specific desired config, color, options. solicit pricing from multiple dealers- get them to compete. anyone comes in above 2% over invoice, leave them aside.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I might sound odd here, but ultimately its up to you on whether it is worth it or not. If you are looking to upgrade to a new car, go for it, sounds like a good deal. If you are not looking though and just think you might be catching a bargain, it probably isn't worth it. Why would you buy something just because you can get a killer price if you don't really need/want it?

I think the idea of @Waterboy is pretty good though.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are all great points. Ultimately, I am looking at upgrading from my 2007 Matrix. It's my first car and I've had it for 5 years. It's starting to show some sign of wear (front wheel bearings changed last year, brake pads are due soon, will need new tires next year, etc.) and I am really due for an upgrade... No A/C, manual windows/mirrors, no cruise, etc all base model stuff.

Before starting this research I never bothered looking at other dealers because our local one is a 5 minute drive away. That could help me score a better deal, keeping in mind I will be trading the Matrix. I'll simpy leave that out of the equation until the deal is final.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My work does at invoice pricing for mazda. I went to... I think it was truecar.com and it was $15 under invoice. The dealership gave it to me for the truecar price with no issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.