2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 MS3

hey im in the market for some new coilovers for some occasional autox/drag but will mostly be used for daily driving. i am trying to decide between the Corksport and JBR sets, which both run about $1300 right now. i was also concidering the MAZDASPEED Performance or KW v2 coilovers but they are about $1800 and are not a complete set.

anyone in here have any experience or advice that will help me pull the trigger on a set? i wanna get back out on the track..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
im pretty sure both the corksport and mazdaspeed performance coilovers have been discontinued. not sure whether they had issues or just just stopped making parts for an old car. i know i can still purchase them but it might make more since to go with a part thats still being manufactured for service reasons.. idk i need help

·
Rubber side down
272 Posts
Have you considered BC Coilovers? They are very reasonably priced and you can get spare parts and customized spring rates.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you considered BC Coilovers? They are very reasonably priced and you can get spare parts and customized spring rates.
i havent really, i heard they are an inferior coilover.. i was looking at these rallysportdirect.com/part/coilovers/n-03-dr-bc-racing-dr-series-coilovers but i could not find any reviews on the DR Series.

·
Rubber side down
272 Posts
I did a lot of research before I picked up a set. I would say they are inferior to the major name brands, but they aren't bad for the money. Custom orders are easy and so are replacement parts which is the main reason I decided to switch to BC. They aren't without their issues. I have read a few posts on various other forums for other car makes, and the biggest issue I have seen is that someone gets a badly build shock cartridge. In those cases, BC is willing to send out replacements to satisfy the customer. Other issues generally tend to be people not properly torquing down spring collars/perches, lock rings, and/or nuts... which can be the case with any coilover.

As a brand, they have become pretty big and because of this, they should be around for quite a while. They have also developed higher end coilovers to suit the more serious race teams. As for the DR series, I have read good things about those too. People upgrading their BR series shock cartridges to DRs tend to feel a noticeable difference.

I have personally had a lot of experience with Tein in the past (never blew a shock over many years of use and on some pretty rough daily driving + track use), but their offering for 2014+ M3 is very limited, and I wanted much stiffer spring rates, so I decided to take a chance with a custom order. Worth the money so far.

·
Registered
143 Posts
2007 MS3

hey im in the market for some new coilovers for some occasional autox/drag but will mostly be used for daily driving. i am trying to decide between the Corksport and JBR sets, which both run about $1300 right now. i was also concidering the MAZDASPEED Performance or KW v2 coilovers but they are about $1800 and are not a complete set.

anyone in here have any experience or advice that will help me pull the trigger on a set? i wanna get back out on the track..
so which set of coilovers did you end up purchasing and upgrading your car with?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts