2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

*The Electrician*
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hereby call out Corksport, to reveal some more information about the upcoming Gen 3 Turbo kit @[email protected]

Spill the beans already, you know this is the very first place you need to spread information, to help hype sales. After COVID everyone is itching to do something new and different and fun, boosting our Gen 3 2.5L will be right at the very top of that list for most lol. So cmon Corksport, let's hear some details, even if it's just a tease with a promise of a reveal date, we all need this and we're counting on you guys to bring it home for us 馃挭

Reactions: diyau

*The Electrician*
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Registered
2012 Mz3 Sky & 2016 Mz6
I hereby call out Corksport, to reveal some more information about the upcoming Gen 3 Turbo kit @[email protected]

Spill the beans already, you know this is the very first place you need to spread information, to help hype sales. After COVID everyone is itching to do something new and different and fun, boosting our Gen 3 2.5L will be right at the very top of that list for most lol. So cmon Corksport, let's hear some details, even if it's just a tease with a promise of a reveal date, we all need this and we're counting on you guys to bring it home for us 馃挭
I'm trying to get them to meet up so we can have my supercharged 2.5L pull head-to-head with their turbo test-bed, since we live nearby, but it hasn't happened yet...

Registered
Spill the beans already, you know this is the very first place you need to spread information, to help hype sales
They tried that a few years ago, and then fell flat on their face when they couldn't deliver. They even conned people into buying a larger diameter pipe after baiting them with the promise of a turbo kit.

Slimy behavior.

Registered
2012 Mz3 Sky & 2016 Mz6
Dood , no you didn鈥檛 lol.
They claim they're pushing more boost/power than mine (I'm only like 260whp), so they should win a drag race, but on track is different, instant SC power is pretty awesome 馃槑
They're further south, close to Oregon border, so it's a few hours, but I told em if they come up north at all, ping me, I'd love to line up and see how they compare!

*The Electrician*
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They claim they're pushing more boost/power than mine (I'm only like 260whp), so they should win a drag race, but on track is different, instant SC power is pretty awesome 馃槑
They're further south, close to Oregon border, so it's a few hours, but I told em if they come up north at all, ping me, I'd love to line up and see how they compare!
And theirs is manual, so once they reveal it, we should get a better idea of how much the engine and transmission will hold. I suspect the factory manual 6spd transmission will take 300whp fairly well. Sounds like the internals are pretty solid too.

Reactions: WoodinvilleDan

*The Electrician*
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You'll never guess what I just found on Corksports FB page

Corksport "Both the race car and the street car are at the Mazda Takeover Event in Caldwell, ID for the next 3 days

Registered
They've labelled a 4dr. '19+ car with turbo... Can someone advise whether in the 'States you can get a 4 dr 6MT... or are they all 6AT? If it is a 6MT it'd be a down-trim one I'd bet. A 2.0 litre, in any case.

Registered
Aha... No manuals in any US Mazda3 '21 sedans... ONLY '21 Mazda3 with manual avail appears to be Premium hatchback, fwd.

No surprise to most. Means that CS's turbo MAY not be avail. but for the 6AT's???

Registered
2012 Mz3 Sky & 2016 Mz6
@Cdn17Sport6MT It is a MT 2.5L, they said they are not sure if it will fit the AT, still need to test fit that. They claim the engine and manual trans have no problems going over 300whp...FWIW

1 - 20 of 30 Posts