2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Night Driver
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting my stage II SRI tomorrow (Monday latest) for my speed. It's my first mod so I'm a bit geeky about it. My wife owned a Mustang a while back and did some work on her car, so now she wants to get her hands all up in my rides goodies. It's been difficult to find bounderies here...my speed, my wife. You know...really trying to figure out where my loyalties lie. It's been a rough road so far, but man I gotta tell ya, when your lady thinks she can just pick up some tools and go to town on the speed-goods it makes me a little...itchy.
Anyway I told her she could take out the stock air box etc. with my supervision, but I...repeat (I) am installing the new SRI. But you know women...they'll take front seat and make you assist resulting in the guy haveing to ensure she doesn't put something in backwards.
Not being sexist by any means...I love chicks that can work on a car. But you can't blame a guy when every time something doesn't work right the first person that's called on is...that's right...you.
Thanks for the HOW TO posts about the SRI install...very helpful. :shuriken:

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts
My wife hates that I got a speed. I cant spend time on it without getting a guilt trip about wanting to work on my car rather than spend time with her and our daughter. I compromise and only play when our daughter naps. I actually had to ask if I could clay and wash it this weekend!

I envy that your wife likes cars and go fast mods. Not many of us got that with our wives lol. Have fun with the install, just did mine this past week.

I can tell you that the stock clamp on the base of the TIP was only finger tight and also in a tight spot. Get an open end wrench for it. I think I needed 7/16 and 10mm. And im sure u know to be careful with that small hose on the TIP.

Have fun and enjoy the install man!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
axazaz, my gf is the same way! she wants to do everything even if she has no clue what or how to do it. best thing to do....let her play along with you. a happy wife is a good wife. and vice versa.

·
Everybody to the Limit!
1,001 Posts
My wife hates that I got a speed. I cant spend time on it without getting a guilt trip about wanting to work on my car rather than spend time with her and our daughter. I compromise and only play when our daughter naps. I actually had to ask if I could clay and wash it this weekend!

I envy that your wife likes cars and go fast mods. Not many of us got that with our wives lol. Have fun with the install, just did mine this past week.

I can tell you that the stock clamp on the base of the TIP was only finger tight and also in a tight spot. Get an open end wrench for it. I think I needed 7/16 and 10mm. And im sure u know to be careful with that small hose on the TIP.

Have fun and enjoy the install man!

Punkk! We need a write up on how to deal with the wifies!
My wife is the same way with me spending time on my car, but she is now slowly warming up to the modding....

Write it up!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I wish I could get my wife to help out with the car more. She is enjoying driving it, but getting her to install anything is about a pretty small chance. I've had her do spark plugs and oil changes but that's about it.

I guess I'm not as protective of my car as some, I let all my friends wrench on my cars if they are willing, and a lot of them have never done more than an oil change in their life.

On another note, feel free to call if you have any install questions. I just installed my Stage II on my Speed about 3 weeks ago. 360-260-2675 ext 105.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
The key here gents.... is that the best way to get your wife to let you spend money and time modifying the car, is to also spend your money and time showing her you care for her. You would be amazed at how many people find out that if they take their wife to dinner, or let her make a shopping trip, or if you just buy her flowers, suddenly she stops guilt tripping you.

Next thing you know you will have a path to every new mod you want fully supported by the wife.

At least it works for me. :yes:

·
Registered
225 Posts
The key here gents.... is that the best way to get your wife to let you spend money and time modifying the car, is to also spend your money and time showing her you care for her. You would be amazed at how many people find out that if they take their wife to dinner, or let her make a shopping trip, or if you just buy her flowers, suddenly she stops guilt tripping you.

Next thing you know you will have a path to every new mod you want fully supported by the wife.

At least it works for me. :yes:
Or you have your own bank account! :tongue:

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts
Punkk! We need a write up on how to deal with the wifies!
My wife is the same way with me spending time on my car, but she is now slowly warming up to the modding....

Write it up!
That sounds like a challenge! Give me some time and ill put something fun together. Got a full load with work and school, so be patient!

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Isn't it just three cardinal rules?

1) F--- her good. This pays dividends.
2) Remember that to a wife, the car is a mistress. Even if they get along, she still has to share you with her.
3) Have your shit together at all times. It's irresponsible to spend when you don't have your shit together.

Reactions: steelrain
1 - 11 of 11 Posts