2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick question... I noticed that in the installation manual of CS SRI, there are two fins (looks like an insert to guide air) in the MAF housing where the filter is attached. Do you have that in your MAF housing? The inside of my MAF housing is hollow. My car hasn't thrown CEL so I'm assuming it's okay but I just wanted to double check. Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just asked one of the guys from Corksport and he said there is no air straightener for Skyactiv SRI. He further added that, according to his test, it actually lost some power at high RPM with the straightener. Pretty interesting. Thanks for the replies everyone! :biggrin:

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm wondering if an air splitter on the CS intake would actually benefit the Mazda 3 skyactiv. Corksport didn't actually test the intake on the Mazda 3- it was only tested on the CX-5 which has different headers, compression and tuning. It could be that they didn't release the dyno since it would reveal that the product is actually detrimental to performance on the Mazda 3. I've heard from another user that he gained back the low-end power & mpg by adding the air splitter to the CS intake on his Mazda 3 (he got the company to send him one)... I will try do the same.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I'm wondering if an air splitter on the CS intake would actually benefit the Mazda 3 skyactiv. Corksport didn't actually test the intake on the Mazda 3- it was only tested on the CX-5 which has different headers, compression and tuning. It could be that they didn't release the dyno since it would reveal that the product is actually detrimental to performance on the Mazda 3. I've heard from another user that he gained back the low-end power & mpg by adding the air splitter to the CS intake on his Mazda 3 (he got the company to send him one)... I will try do the same.
Yeah the person ur talking about is arnino vicente you can easily find him on the facebook page and talk to him

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
606 Posts
Yeah the person ur talking about is arnino vicente you can easily find him on the facebook page and talk to him

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Thanks. Yeah, I have been talking with him directly about the air splitter. Would be nice to have a few people people try this and share their experiences. This might be very helpful for all those that notice the noise & performance issues with the Corksport skyactiv SRI intake (plenty of threads around on this). An actual dyno test would also be useful.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I'm getting the regular 2.0L SRI from a forum member soon, so I'm assuming it will come with the air splitter, so I'll let you know how that goes

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The screws that hold the maf housing, don't quite reach the holes, so the maf can't be attached to the 2.0L maf housing. But I'm trying to get the skyactiv one from corksport and I'll make sure I get the air splitter.

Reactions: Kjaxela3

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Hi I have the CS SRI on my CX-5 what exactly is this "air splitter" (dual pipe)? I keeps eeing it pop up but no pictures installed, or links and such thanks.
The air splitter is used inside the MAF housing. Its a plastic like hollow circle thing that fits perfectly in the housing with two side fins. The fins help straighten the flow of air so it goes in smoothly.
The air splitter only comes with the 2.5 SRI. The link below shows an image just below the product selection of what the splitter looks like.
https://www.corksport.com/corksport-power-series-short-ram-intake.html

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
TM3 Member
105 Posts
The air splitter is used inside the MAF housing. Its a plastic like hollow circle thing that fits perfectly in the housing with two side fins. The fins help straighten the flow of air so it goes in smoothly.
The air splitter only comes with the 2.5 SRI. The link below shows an image just below the product selection of what the splitter looks like.
https://www.corksport.com/corksport-power-series-short-ram-intake.html

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I have confirmed with Corksport that the non-skyactiv MZR 2.0 SRI comes with an air splitter as well.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I got rid of the C/S exhaust on my CX-5. heat soaks super quick, let's hella dirt into my engine bay (stock box has a scoop), lowered my mpg's, changed my power band to high rpm performance which is nice but quickly waned with heatsoak. I live I TX and it's getting warm, that wont cut it, I'm also moving back to CA. I found myself often barely being able to execute pass at 80+. Also, when I removed my SRI, there were scorch marks in the housing (I have no way of telling if that was from one incident or over time), and around the inlet for the tube at the top, however I will say that the inside of the filter, after 8k was clean. Granted this is on a 2.0 CX5, not a 3. . It does sound tight with my C/S exhaust (which I am happy with and seems to improved my MPG) If anyone wants to buy this for their 3 since it seems to work better PM.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts