2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was happy when I receive the Corksports Short Ram Intake and the Exhaust w/ racepipe for my 2011 Mazda 3 Sedan, 2.0L engine. After the installation, I figured I should go for a ride and tested out how it sounds and goes, my car jut goes "Vrooooooooom", really like the sound of it :yes: Shortly after, I realize whenever I step on the gas pedal, the RPM will usually go up for a bit, then it decrease down by 500 RPM, at first I thought it just changing gears, but no matter what, when I step on the gas pedal, the RPM will decrease by 500 RPM, feel like it's losing power, is there anything wrong with my car? before the installation, my car works fine, do I require a ECU tune to fix it? Or where can I go to ask for help? thank you

·
US Marine
29 Posts
I'm trying to picture this... So your driving down the road at 50 @ 2500 in 5th or 6th if you have 6th, your foot would already be on the gas pedal... Or do you mean when your coasting. like the Tach reads 2500 coasting, you press the gas and your @ 2000 ? Sounds like its just the transmission re-engaging from the coast... Interesting, a Video would deff help.

·
MAAAAzda
868 Posts
I'm trying to picture this... So your driving down the road at 50 @ 2500 in 5th or 6th if you have 6th, your foot would already be on the gas pedal... Or do you mean when your coasting. like the Tach reads 2500 coasting, you press the gas and your @ 2000 ? Sounds like its just the transmission re-engaging from the coast... Interesting, a Video would deff help.
I think he's saying it happens when he's coasting and speeds up...but yeah, a video would be great

·
Registered
226 Posts
Might sound dumb but do the auto Mazdas have overdrive? It reduces revs by 500 to help with fuel consumption

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's automatic, so when I step on the pedal, I do understand the RPM will decrease because it will change gear, but thing is after it change gears, it still decrease 500 RPM, I then try to do it with the +/-, staying on gear 4 the whole time on 50mph, when I release the gas pedal, and step on it again, it will first increase RPM, then decrease, afterwards, it will go back up again, this whole process happens when I stay on gear 4, and also any other gear at different, what is wrong with it?:crybaby 1:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Might sound dumb but do the auto Mazdas have overdrive? It reduces revs by 500 to help with fuel consumption
I'm pretty sure 6th gear on the automatic SkyActivs is overdrive.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
To elaborate on what I said above. It is hard to diagnose random problems on the internet, because we only have the bit of information you give us to go on. So either remove the mods and see if the problem is still there, or take it to a shop. Based upon what you are saying it doesn't sound normal, but then again I'm not the one driving it, so it may be normal (see my point).

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Wingzero_ is definitely correct, it is hard to diagnose over the internet.

I would check all the connections to make sure there isn't an air leak.
Do you have access to a code reader? Maybe read codes, sometimes there are codes that don't trigger an CEL...
Also, try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and plugging it back in. Then your ECU should reset, and your car will relearn it's environment over the next few driving cycles.
As always, feel free to call us at 360-260-2675, it might be easier to explain over the phone. :)

-Tyler

1 - 10 of 10 Posts