2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was installing my corksport springs yesterday, and the instructions were kinda vague on how much to cut the rear bumpstops and I cut too much from the top on the rear bump stop and now it does not fit in the aluminum housing anymore. Is it still safe to drive like this or do I need to get another bump stop?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Get another one. Despite what they say, I cut the bottom half off and trashed the plastic dust boot. Some BMW or Volvo CV boots will slide right over, zip tie in place and provide much better, more flexible dust protection while keeping the important bit of the bump stop in the perch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get another one. Despite what they say, I cut the bottom half off and trashed the plastic dust boot. Some BMW or Volvo CV boots will slide right over, zip tie in place and provide much better, more flexible dust protection while keeping the important bit of the bump stop in the perch.
Thanks, do you also where I can new bump stops, for the oem ones, you have to buy the entire shock assembly which is kinda overkill.

Also, I noticed you have CS springs installed, is your rear wheel gap much larger than the front? The gap on my rear is twice as much as the front which looks kinda weird.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks, do you also where I can new bump stops, for the oem ones, you have to buy the entire shock assembly which is kinda overkill.

Also, I noticed you have CS springs installed, is your rear wheel gap much larger than the front? The gap on my rear is twice as much as the front which looks kinda weird.
Hopefully this link works. Park Mazda has OEM parts for employee pricing and their service is great. Should be a direct link to the bump stop.

https://www.parkmazdaoemparts.com/parts/2014/Mazda/3/Grand Touring?siteid=215334&vehicleid=410130&section=REAR SUSPENSION&group=REAR SUSPENSION&subgroup=SUSPENSION COMPONENTS&component=STOPPER

My car definitely has some front bias rake, but consider that it's only a spring upgrade and there needs to be room for the car to squat a bit with cargo or passengers. If you want a consistent and level drop, then you need coilovers.

Reactions: Kev50088

·
Registered
879 Posts
I cut my stockers and couldn't get the dust cover back on. I chose to use some good ole Duct Tape to affix the dust cover to the bump stop.
Hindsight says I should have went out an bought some black Tape instead of the grey stuff I used. If it doesn't hold up I will get better flexible covers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts