2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 198 Posts
Huzzah! I have been compulsively checking the CorkSport website all day. They just posted the 2.5L SRI, and I ordered mine :cheesy:

Hopefully I'll get it Friday and install it this weekend.

Ooh, I just looked again, and they also added hood struts that look pretty cool.

Saw those too.. $100 hood struts though :-/ seems a bit high.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Saw those too.. $100 hood struts though :-/ seems a bit high.
Yeah, I guess I don't know what hood struts cost. Also, I kind of wish they came in blue. Maybe I'll get them for myself for my birthday in April.

Hey @Spencer@CorkSport. On the new 2.5L SRI page, the instructions links to a document for a turbo inlet pipe. I assume that's the wrong instructions.

Yeah, I guess I don't know what hood struts cost. Also, I kind of wish they came in blue. Maybe I'll get them for myself for my birthday in April.

Hey @Spencer@CorkSport. On the new 2.5L SRI page, the instructions links to a document for a turbo inlet pipe. I assume that's the wrong instructions.
Yea those instructions may not be correct, heres a pic of the first page it says its for the mazdaspeed 3 and 6

So the instructions are incorrect, we linked it accidentally to our Mazdaspeed 3" intake. I passed the info along yesterday when I noticed it but it hasn't been corrected yet I guess.

As for the dyno, the key is the difference in the numbers, not the actual numbers. Our dyno for some reason reads very low, but is very accurate at the difference. When I put my Mazdaspeed 3 on the Dyno (265 factory) it told me I was doing 220 with a Stage II intake and Accessport..... clearly it reads low. Same day my co-worker ran his RX8 on it... and it came up with 160hp...... what??

The fact of the matter is a dyno is a great tool for showing improvement over a previous reading, but ever dyno will read power different and it's an arbitrary number.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Yes it comes in different colors.

If you can manage to keep your right foot under control and drive the same as with the stock intake, your MPGs should stay the same.

most people start driving more aggressively in order to hear the intake ROAR, so the MPGs take a dive but realistically speaking, MPGs should increase if the intake helps the engine breath easier with less pumping loss.

Why would there be a drawback? It's always a good thing when you're helping the engine breath easier.
Well with tweaking and tuning things on a car (which we arent really doing too much of by just adding the short ram intake on) sometimes you only get the best results from modifying a set of things rather than just modifying 1 thing.

I installed the CorkSport SRI on my 2014 CX-5 2.0 Sport this afternoon and am very please with the look, fit and finish of it. Noticeably the car pulls stronger and takes the hills with less throttle. I disconnected the neg. battery terminal so things got reset to zero, after 137.2 miles the avg spd was 44mph, avg mpg was 37.7. There is a large increase in mpg so far. This was not the hwy mpg it's the average miles per gallon of gas. Mostly paved country roads and mostly under 60 mph.:yes: Oh yeah the CX-5 has a 6spd manual.:thumbup 1:

I have the Corksport SRI on my 2.0

Corksport, will you guys be releasing carb stickers for the intakes? I reside in California and when inspection/smog time rolls around, it would be nice to have the sticker.

Corksport, will you guys be releasing carb stickers for the intakes? I reside in California and when inspection/smog time rolls around, it would be nice to have the sticker.
Why would they release carb stickers for an intake that's not carb legal? I'm pretty sure it would have to be carb legal to even get the stickers in the first place

I don't recommend leaving this intake on when you go get an inspection AND/OR take it to the dealership. Just asking for it if you do. Nobody would know the difference showing up with your stock airbox reinstalled and it only takes a minute or two to swap out. May save a warranty or inspection headache down the road.

You have a 2014 car and live in California. You won't have to worry about smog until 2020. Cars 6 model years or less don't need to get smog, you'll just need to pay an annual smog abatement fee. No smog = no inspection needed. Unless you take to dealer

41 - 60 of 198 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.