2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
181 - 198 of 198 Posts
Hate to dig at an older thread, but I'm assuming the general consensus is that "IF" you purchase the Corksport SRI, you need to get the airbox to keep the temps the same as stock.

Yeah more or less. Depends on what you want from the car. Using just the SRI you get a wide variation in intake temps and fairly high temperature spikes. The box tends to keep the IATs more stable.
That is what I figured. If I buy the SRI shortly, I would buy the box.

The additional tinkering possibilities are far better with the CS box....:smile2:

I saw that post earlier. Pretty neat thinking to place heat insulation wrap on the box.

The plan of the car is just to make it a little quicker, sound better and make me feel good about doing little mods on my Mazda 3. I have been out of the car mod scene for years...
This is my new DD, so I don't have lofty plans for it. Intake, Extreme Performance exhaust and rear sway bar and that's probably it.

This is my new DD, so I don't have lofty plans for it. Intake, Extreme Performance exhaust and rear sway bar and that's probably it.
The proverbial "famous last words".....:laugh2:

If its more power you are looking for, get it tuned. All the other bolt-ons don't do much with out it, and a tune is the only way to make actual significant power gains.

Thanks CK, the K&N is cheaper than the Corksport combo. Just wondering if the IAT issues are any better.
The CS box works well if you have the 2.0L engine. Its air inlet is 30% or so smaller than the OEM CAI air inlet that comes with the 2.5L engines though.

That's why I got the K&N instead of going with the CS SRI and cold air box.

My car has never overheated and my temp ranges were good when I did data logs for my OV Tune. Never had a CEL with it either..been using it for almost 2 years now.
CK

Yeah. It gives the car some added personality and looks good under the hood. Add in an axle-back exhaust and your Mazda will sound even meaner.. in a good way.

I have the Ultimate Racing Axle-Back with the steel rolled tips. Sounds great without being overly obnoxious or droning on the highway...no crazy vibrations from it either.
CK

Add in an axle-back exhaust and your Mazda will sound even meaner.. in a good way. I have the Ultimate Racing Axle-Back with the steel rolled tips. Sounds great without being overly obnoxious or droning on the highway...no crazy vibrations from it either.
CK
I was actually going to search the forum for anyone who had the K&N intake and the UR Axle-Back. I don't want it to sound too annoying, but I definitely want it to sound tougher. Have you ever posted any sound clips on YouTube or on the forum with the K&N intake and UR exhaust? I found a few videos, and one owner has the muffler-delete option. Thanks!

No, I have not. My 2 year old son is able to sleep while I'm driving with no problems, if that helps at all.

My wife doesn't even complain. I believe Racing Beat has the least loud performance exhaust for our car. The people that have one love it.
CK

I'm looking to improve the sound of my 2017 manual 2.5 Mazda3 sedan (basic GT trim in Canada, not sure what's the equivalent in the USA). I'm pretty set on ordering the CS axle-back exhaust, which based on what I've read will give it a good low-rpm sound. I'm still not decided on whether the CS SRI is worth ordering to get some growl in the higher RPMs, as it sounds like I would need to get the cold-air box as well... How much would it actually improve the sound, given that I will have the axle-back already? Shipping to Canada is also a factor - it not cheap and the price difference between shipping 2 products together vs. at separate times is significant.

Hey all!
I actually just installed this on my 2016 Mazda 3 2.0L, and I'm having some problems with it. After installing it I get a $07E8 check engine light warning, and to the best of my knowledge it's because of a faulty MAF sensor. But, I reinstalled my OEM intake parts and the error goes away and never comes back. Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so how did you fix it? I'm hoping not to have to live with a check engine light on, since the error code (while generic) says that my engine is running lean.
Thank you for your help in advance!

Hey all!
I actually just installed this on my 2016 Mazda 3 2.0L, and I'm having some problems with it. After installing it I get a $07E8 check engine light warning, and to the best of my knowledge it's because of a faulty MAF sensor. But, I reinstalled my OEM intake parts and the error goes away and never comes back. Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so how did you fix it? I'm hoping not to have to live with a check engine light on, since the error code (while generic) says that my engine is running lean.
Thank you for your help in advance!
If the problem goes away when you reinstall the OEM parts, something is wrong with the aftermarket part you installed. Send it back to where you bought it.....

If the problem goes away when you reinstall the OEM parts, something is wrong with the aftermarket part you installed. Send it back to where you bought it.....
You know, that exactly what I realized. Turns out I was the idiot, and bought a 2.5L SRI and not the 2.0L SRI. Turns out the pipe where the MAF goes is just a tiny bit bigger in the 2.5L than the 2.0L.

Hello everyone,
I wanted to get a Short Ram Intake or Cold Air Intake mod for my 2017 Mzd3, EU spec model.
The CorkSport looked like the best option, with the airbox, scoop, and ram intake. However it would have been over 500 USD shipped to EU. Too much.

I ended up getting a deal on the K&N 69 one, with the heat shield. Waiting for it to arrive today/tomorrow

I noticed that some kits allow you to keep the OEM scoop in place. Is it also possible with the K&N? Anyone tried?

Thanks

181 - 198 of 198 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.