2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just released our new rear brace for the Mazda 3. Our brace includes push button quick release pins in case you need to pull the bar to haul something in the hatch. The brace is $149 and includes in depth installation instructions. A link to the brace is here. We have the braces in stock.

Post away if you have a question or comments.
-Derrick

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
I really like the fact that this is easily removable, it doesn't require major cutting to the interior panel and uses a existing mounting point.... looks good!

·
Registered
63 Posts
oh man, yet another item to the list. i was just thinking about a brace a little higher for the hatchback, ill be picking this up

·
Registered
180 Posts
This looks great, but how noticeable do you guys think this would be for someone who doesn't auto x? I only have a rear sway bar in my 3 right now, suspension-wise, and I love the difference it made; I'm guessing this would be much more subtle.

In any case, many thanks to Corksport for making this at a great price, and especially for making it easily removable- thats a great feature.

·
the auditd0rk
278 Posts
I'd like to know how snug the bar fits in the end brackets... I'd hate to have to listen to a metal bar rattling around in the back.

·
Registered
336 Posts
on a hatch, you'll feel it. another cheap but functional mod

·
Registered
377 Posts
Since it's a CS product, I'm gonna wait a few months to see if there are issues. Better yet, hopefully another company will make a similar product. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
This is a mod I'd be all over...if I didn't already have my sub enclosure back there :blush 1:. As sturdy as the sub box is, I doubt it provides the benefits that Corksport's brace does.

I wish I could retrofit the enclosure to accomodate the brace but I think that building a new enclosure might be easier but, unfortunately, also more expensive.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Personally, I think I'm gonna give this lower arm brace a shot first, as I think it would probably be more noticeable in conjunction with my Tri-Point RSB.

I am interested though to see what people think of this rear brace.

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
Personally, I think I'm gonna give this lower arm brace a shot first, as I think it would probably be more noticeable in conjunction with my Tri-Point RSB.

I am interested though to see what people think of this rear brace.
??? two different parts.......

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd like to know how snug the bar fits in the end brackets... I'd hate to have to listen to a metal bar rattling around in the back.
You tighten it up after you install it. It does not move once its installed. The only thing that is needed to remove it is a wrench to loosen the bar and pull the pins.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Would this bar help with keeping the suspension more solid and possibly eliminate clunking or creaking sounds?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Odd question possibly but i need to know the level distance to the backseat and then the bar to the floor

·
the auditd0rk
278 Posts
You tighten it up after you install it. It does not move once its installed. The only thing that is needed to remove it is a wrench to loosen the bar and pull the pins.
Thanks! I ended up checking out the install instructions and notice the post-install tightening. A definite add to my mod list!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I don't think this would help your issue. If its clunking then you have something else going on with the car.
Actually, I meant it in the general sense. If this product braces the rear area, would it help keep the area more quiet or is it just to help with cornering? And how much of an improvement if coupled with the CS rear sway bar?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts