2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to post my initial thoughts on the CS motor mount inserts. First off the install is fairly simple, CS gives very basic instructions that detail what bolts are to be undone (total of 5) with the use of a 17mm and I believe a 14mm. Proper torque specifications are given as well. It took me about 30 minutes or so to complete, I used ramps so what took the longest was getting under the car haha. Just unbolt the 5 bolts and then pull the mount out, and place the inserts in. Each side (upper/lower) is meant for the specific side so you can't mess it up. After that place mount back in, may require a little nudge since there's less clearance available now, and torque the bolts. After starting up afterwards, there's a slight vibration right after starting, but that goes away very quickly. The vibrations mainly occur when under 750ish rpm's but the shifting is smooth as ever with no delay like before from the motor movement. My car is an automatic, so I didn't see the need for a whole new replacement mount, but I highly recommend for the auto transmission. Vibrations should tone down a bit more after it breaks in (less than 30 miles on it so far), but it's not unbearable. I have the CS exhaust with race pipe so I believe that'll make the vibrations seem a little more harsh. I'll post an update after another week or so to let everyone know how it goes. Shifting in auto or tiptronic is now smooth as ever, with 0 drivetrain slack or motor movement, it gives the feeling that everything is more solid and less play in between shifts. Feel free to post input or ask questions about it, but so far it was a great $35 investment!
Thanks, Kyle

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect shifting! You probably experience the slight delay, and then a little spurt right now between shifts under hard accelerations? At least I did, but now you barely feel any movement in between shifts! NVH isn't too bad only at low rpm's but that's expected since its a more solid mount now. Accelerations aren't as jolty and you know the power is crisp when you hammer on the throttle. Definitely worth the price! Use some of your Reward Points towards it like I did from CS! I had a bunch from my exhaust and intake, so I only had to pay shipping :yes: so it's basically a free mod in my books!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
May just buy these over a full mount for now... hmm...
What's up with your current one? Signature says you're using the JBR motor mount, but for the price I love them so far. Accelerations are so much more crisp and power is delivered more efficiently because there's less slack.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
What's up with your current one? Signature says you're using the JBR motor mount, but for the price I love them so far. Accelerations are so much more crisp and power is delivered more efficiently because there's less slack.
That's my future mods mane.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have these inserts in my 2011 2.5 6spd and the difference is night and day. like kmortensen said, there were some decent vibrations for about 100 - 200 miles, but once they're broke in, they're amazing. one of the best mods under 50 bucks. when i install the msds header however i will be changing rear mount and passenger side mount. have both already from awr @ 88 duro.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I'm bring this back up from the dead.....zombie status:eek:

Anyways I already the CS RMM. But I got the inserts as well cause I wanted toss them on my girls gen1. I know I feels big diffrence with mine I love it. I just hope she will like it too. Just curious on how shell take to the vibrations at first. But at this point she will have to be a trooper and deal with it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Since you brought this back to life, I'll ask my question here too :D

Are the motor mounts the same across the 2.0 and the skyactiv? Would the inserts fit the skyactiv?

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts
I just installed these yesterday...there is a definite vibration that you notice on startup and I also notice it when taking off in first gear as well. The instructions say that after a 1-2 week break in period the vibration should be gone....The shifts are definitely crisper, so don't hesitate to pick these up when you can. If anything it's an excuse to get out in the sun to work on your car!

The only other thing I can offer is that the 2 motor mount bolts are 17mm, while the 3 bolts on the adapter plate are 18mm. I was only slightly irritated that I had to crawl out from under my car to grab another socket, but whatever lol.

Reactions: jwoo

·
Everybody to the Limit!
1,001 Posts
Hey fellas! I just ordered a set of Corksport RMM Inserts.
I have been doing a lot of reading and they seem to be legit!
Plus they are cheap!
So for now, I'll have to run these until I can justify to the wife to let me get the JBR RMM

Anyone running these on their GenPu MS3?
If so, how do you like it?

Jim

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts
Hey fellas! I just ordered a set of Corksport RMM Inserts.
I have been doing a lot of reading and they seem to be legit!
Plus they are cheap!
So for now, I'll have to run these until I can justify to the wife to let me get the JBR RMM

Anyone running these on their GenPu MS3?
If so, how do you like it?

Jim
I bought some used for my ms3. They had about 20k on em when I got em, so no nvh that ive noticed. Had em on about a month now. Tightened it up a bit, but im not running the car too hard right now. Saving for internals and running a CS safe mode tune, so I rarely hit 5k rpm.

I think ull like em tho, I hated my shifts without em.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: RedTape

·
Everybody to the Limit!
1,001 Posts
I bought some used for my ms3. They had about 20k on em when I got em, so no nvh that ive noticed. Had em on about a month now. Tightened it up a bit, but im not running the car too hard right now. Saving for internals and running a CS safe mode tune, so I rarely hit 5k rpm.

I think ull like em tho, I hated my shifts without em.

Thanks Punk! Makes me feel better that I didnt just throw away $40 LOL! The wifey would kill me!
After I posted this, I did a lot more reviews, even tho i review everything before I buy, and I feel good about the purchase. The general consensus seems to be that they are great for the DD and anyone on a budget.... thats me!

About your safe mode tune... have you noticed any mpg gain?

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts
Thanks Punk! Makes me feel better that I didnt just throw away $40 LOL! The wifey would kill me!
After I posted this, I did a lot more reviews, even tho i review everything before I buy, and I feel good about the purchase. The general consensus seems to be that they are great for the DD and anyone on a budget.... thats me!

About your safe mode tune... have you noticed any mpg gain?
I stopped following mpg lol. If I dont boost and just granny shift, I can get up toward 26 mpg on the display. But, dip into that boost and watch it plummet.

I dont like the safe mode tune, makes the car feel weak. I bought a speed3 dammit, I wanna drive it! Come on internals!

Reactions: RedTape

·
Everybody to the Limit!
1,001 Posts
I stopped following mpg lol. If I dont boost and just granny shift, I can get up toward 26 mpg on the display. But, dip into that boost and watch it plummet.

I dont like the safe mode tune, makes the car feel weak. I bought a speed3 dammit, I wanna drive it! Come on internals!

LOL!!!! Oh maybe i didnt understand... so the safe mode tune is just until you get your internals!!! Got it!
Man, I bet you're hating knowing that you have a beast under the hood just waiting to get out!
I bet you are constantly watching Ship Tracking every day huh! loL!

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts
LOL!!!! Oh maybe i didnt understand... so the safe mode tune is just until you get your internals!!! Got it!
Man, I bet you're hating knowing that you have a beast under the hood just waiting to get out!
I bet you are constantly watching Ship Tracking every day huh! loL!
Not watching tracking, have yet to order them. Picked up a rare day of overtime at work, so I should be getting em soon I hope. After internals I can rest easy with my intake and stage 1 tune...well, monitoring the hell out of everything for a while lol. After that I will just save up for other mods. Gets expensive fast.

Once I get em I need to meet up with the Nator guys and girl again for an install day before the michigan weather turns to crap.

Im looking forward to MAF cals as well, I love computer shit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I installed these on my 2012 Skyactiv automatic.

It's only been one day so far, but the vibrations are very strong.
I'm hoping they go away.

The car definitely feels more responsive. There is less "jerk" when accelerating or decelerating.

I believe you will need a 17, 18, and 19mm socket for this job, and maybe a mallet to bust the bolts loose. A breaker bar might be a little tough to squeeze in.

I'd also bust loose the 19mm bolts on the bracket first. The instructions say to remove the mount bolts first, but if you do that, you have nothing to torque the bracket bolts against.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts