2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got an email from Corksport, advertising their new flat bottomed steering wheel for our Gen 3.
I am curious to be honest, but is it really worth it? It is a limited quantity item and at $400 US plus
shipping and UPS duties to Canada, I can't really seem to want it.
Has anyone here seen it/considered it/want it?

·
Registered
578 Posts
So I got an email from Corksport, advertising their new flat bottomed steering wheel for our Gen 3.
I am curious to be honest, but is it really worth it? It is a limited quantity item and at $400 US plus
shipping and UPS duties to Canada, I can't really seem to want it.
Has anyone here seen it/considered it/want it?
This is the first time I heard of CS offering a GEN 3 steering wheel...

Edit: Must be a new release.

Also it doesn't look like anything unique when compared to the other steering wheels out there. If I remember correctly there was a wheel that looked exactly like theirs but for 300.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Haha yeah I saw. Right after reading your post I looked it up. Anyways, there are plenty of other steering wheels out there that are better looking than the CS one. There's an old thread on this.

This thread has a couple of wheels some members bought that are around the same price or less

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2017-mazda-3-skyactiv-appearance-interior/79601-d-shape-steering-wheel-10.html

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Interesting to see this new Corksport steering wheel. When I test drove the mazda 3 for an hour on curvy roads, I really like most everything. However, the one thing I knew I did not like was the steering wheel, specifically that the leather was slippery, and was too small a diameter (not talking about its total width, but the diameter of the outer rim itself -- which I am guessing is around 1 1/8").

Yes CS's is very pricey, but I like its understated looks, the fact that its outer spoke is larger diameter, and more importantly, and as they are just 1 hour 15 min from me, I get to go there and to hold one in my hands to see if I like its feel. Perhaps they will have one on their 3's that I could drive a few blocks to confirm its feel. And hear their exhaust in person.

Called them and asked them whether they can confirm that it will work with the heating steering wheel a GT has, and they said, "not yet, and we are also not committing to developing that capability, but I will meet with our development engineer and find out." He did take my email and said he would get back to me and I will post their answer here when I get it

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting to see this new Corksport steering wheel. When I test drove the mazda 3 for an hour on curvy roads, I really like most everything. However, the one thing I knew I did not like was the steering wheel, specifically that the leather was slippery, and was too small a diameter (not talking about its total width, but the diameter of the outer rim itself -- which I am guessing is around 1 1/8").

Yes CS's is very pricey, but I like its understated looks, the fact that its outer spoke is larger diameter, and more importantly, and as they are just 1 hour 15 min from me, I get to go there and to hold one in my hands to see if I like its feel. Perhaps they will have one on their 3's that I could drive a few blocks to confirm its feel. And hear their exhaust in person.

Called them and asked them whether they can confirm that it will work with the heating steering wheel a GT has, and they said, "not yet, and we are also not committing to developing that capability, but I will meet with our development engineer and find out." He did take my email and said he would get back to me and I will post their answer here when I get it

Awesome. If it seems to me that it is worth my while, I might pull the trigger on this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts