2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got it installed. And i must say it was the best 600+ bucks iv ever spent! My dad was suprised how everything fit no problem and how it sounded. I like it alot. Iv been driving in Manual mode most of the time hahaha! Id reccomend it if you want a sporty sound out of your 3.

I got the 2.5, dual exit hatch. It zooms-Zooms around now thats for sure. And if you are worried about droning... yes there is some, one way to avoid it is if you are going on a long trip, just use cruise control or hold a steady speed. I blast music so i cant really hear the exhaust if im doing that.

Oh i started the car with the exhaust off, it was sexy. Sounded super awesome. If corksport can come out with something similar to that sound that be amazing.

Id give the product 9/10. Its awesome totally worth it. I already got some positive comments on it! Keep it coming CorkSport!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats! I was going to get CS exhaust with race pipe but it was too much $$$ + shipping on top of that so I went with RB exhaust instead and picked one up at their store and i've been pretty happy with it. Not as loud as CS and no droning here but it still has the attitude when you step on the throttle. Post some exhaust clips when you can.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats! I was going to get CS exhaust with race pipe but it was too much $$$ + shipping on top of that so I went with RB exhaust instead and picked one up at their store and i've been pretty happy with it. Not as loud as CS and no droning here but it still has the attitude when you step on the throttle. Post some exhaust clips when you can.
Ill try. I have a Samsung S4, that i did a couple short videos with. The sound on the video using speakers without bass it just sounds quiet compared to what it actually sounds like. The videos dim the sound i guess. But ill try. I played the clips through my aux jack on my mazda (stock sound system) and it sounded really close to what it sounds like in real life.

RB was one of my choices also. I wanted something a little bit more loud. But glad you're happy with your exhaust. If i had another Mazda 3 hatch id get the Racing beat for it so i can have 2 diffrent sounding machines ya know. hahaha

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How loud is it would you say? Loud from a couple blocks away or loud like "you can hear it but where and what is that" loud.

And you left the exhaust off? Clip of that?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Well i can tell you that you can definetly hear it coming down the street. I wouldnt say its loud as you can hear it from a few block away... unless its really really quiet in the area. The "you can hear it but where and what is that" will come close to it. The sound its closely at least to me and in my opinion a mix between a subaru wrx sound and civic. That sound is like in the middle somewhere leaning more torwards the subaru sound, since its a 2.5L not a 1.8. Sounds deeper and has a nicer rumble. Ill post clips when Ill have the time!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well i can tell you that you can definetly hear it coming down the street. I wouldnt say its loud as you can hear it from a few block away... unless its really really quiet in the area. The "you can hear it but where and what is that" will come close to it. The sound its closely at least to me and in my opinion a mix between a subaru wrx sound and civic. That sound is like in the middle somewhere leaning more torwards the subaru sound, since its a 2.5L not a 1.8. Sounds deeper and has a nicer rumble. Ill post clips when Ill have the time!
hmm ive been trying to get an idea of how loud its like people say, so I can buy it. and sweet look forward to the sound clips! did you notice any more peppy-ness to your 2.5? I have the same car.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm ive been trying to get an idea of how loud its like people say, so I can buy it. and sweet look forward to the sound clips! did you notice any more peppy-ness to your 2.5? I have the same car.
Well a little bit. I think i can hear the air being sucked in now when i gun it. But on the other hand i just got the exhaust and when i hear it run it feels like i got 200 horses... but i dont lol. The sound of the exhaust tricks me lol.

When i drove around today, i heard back fire/ back pressure when i was cruising in 3rd gear hahaha. It was awesome.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
When your cruising around try holding it at 3k rpms in. Either gears and you'll get a nice sound especially when u release the throttle like at 32-31000 rpms. Try it

·
Registered
34 Posts
was thinking about getting the corksport for the 3i but i heard you'll actually lose low and mid power....all the power benefits come at the top end. Since we basically drive from light-to-light in the city, figured it'd be better to do upgrades on the suspension...although sound clips of the exhaust sound awesome.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I love hearing people talk about the sound of our exhaust, I must say I am am ecstatic that you like it! I would love to see a video or sound clip if you have some. Thanks for the review though!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got 3 sound clips. One while driving (so interior sound), got one where its only idling from outside, and idling for inside with some revving. Im gonna make a new one for the interior sound while driving.

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
#MonsterMazda
461 Posts
Matt, woah! Just get the ticket recently? That sucks! Hoping it isn't too bad, maybe it's time you move to somewhere that doesn't care! Ha. :rulez2 1:
haha yes already! It was complete BS. I get off work at 1am so I was almost home at 1:40am and cops at the time of night have nothing better to do. I was doing a good job of keeping the noise down on the exhaust when he was behind me but then he just turned his lights on.

I feel like he was just hasling me for all of the mods I have and decided to just give me a ticket for my exhaust for the hell of it -__-

I'm gonna put the stock one back on by a shop and get a receipt showing I did it and hopefully the judge dismisses it.

Then I just bolt the CS one back on >:]

·
Registered
276 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts