2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well since you felt the need to make fun of the intake......look at the Dyno numbers. The intake makes more HP and Torque than the exhaust. $190 intake peek HP/Torque 5-7 at wheels.......$500 exhaust 2-3ft/lbs Torque and 3-5hp. I was pretty pumped for exhaust till I saw those numbers. The stock exhaust must be pretty good if that's the best CorkSport can do. Add a mid-pipe though and should help bring those up a little I hope.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes its mostly for looks, hopefully some sound & a little weight reduction.
I know the intake sounds good. Living in Texas, I've always been a CAI or nothing man

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes its mostly for looks, hopefully some sound & a little weight reduction.
I know the intake sounds good. Living in Texas, I've been been a CAI or nothing man
I'm just messing with You since said that on my Intake post a few weeks back. It's all good man, it does look sweet, and from video it doesn't sound too obnoxious......and honestly that's at wheels not crank so not horrible once add a mid-pipe is my guess. Also, because Dyno not real world set up, the intake results not as accurate as exhaust ones in my opinion. Yea Texas year round driving versus WV/PA mostly Winter and Fall driving definitely a difference from CAI versus Short Ram Intake. New exhaust is lighter since a straight pipe set up on passenger side . Bottom line I will probably still buy it, but might wait till the mid-pipe comes out to go with it, so can do it all at once.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Finally some exhaust bits for the 4th gen. I found Borla/Magnaflow have part numbers, but they haven't produced them yet. Their pricing should be higher since they'll include mid-pipes. HKS released exhaust as well, but not available in NA yet.
This would be great for someone who just wants to add a bit of sound and look for $500. I'll probably get one, if approved by the home boss.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Magnaflow is a catback.
Borla has an axle back, with significantly more sections that clamp together. That turned me off.
I'm not sure if they have announced a mid-pipe yet.
Racing Beat also has an axle back in the works.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The Magnaflow is a catback.
Borla has an axle back, with significantly more sections that clamp together. That turned me off.
I'm not sure if they have announced a mid-pipe yet.
Racing Beat also has an axle back in the works.
From Gen 3 Mazda 3 videos on YouTube, it seemed like the Racing Beat one is very quiet, basically stock sounding. I had a Borla catback on my Integra, BMW, and Mustang and loved Borla. About 20yrs ago I would of jumped on Borla over CorkSport all day and twice on Sunday. I'm older nowdays and the Borla is a little more aggressive than my current taste. It was on CorkSport website that I saw the lead engineer say he was happy with Dyno results and those results will increase with the soon to come out mid-pipe.
Screenshot_20200829-103501.png

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,250 Posts
Time for some rumble from the gen 4s. :)
CK

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Install was very quick and easy. As everyone always says, it is louder and deeper than expected. In a good way!

·
Registered
54 Posts
@RiceyBean Would you be kind to take some video footages? Corksport release video has some, but not much. I appreciate it in advance! Will help a bunch of guys here

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll have to see what kind of video equipment I can get access to. A cell phone isn't going to give you any idea how loud it actually is in person

1 - 11 of 11 Posts