2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else with the CorkSport Power Series exhaust experienced a similar problem?

I've had the CorkSport exhaust with Racepipe on my 13' Mazda 3 SkyActiv sedan for about two years now and I ended up developing a crack on the weld right after the resonator. It started off very small and could only be heard if I was next to a wall or barrier, but it worsened and is a full on leak now that sounds awful.

I attached a picture of the crack and a video of what it sounds like. The video was uploaded in March and has gotten worse, and still hasn't full separated, but I'm afraid it's getting close.

For anyone that has had this problem, was it fixable, how much did it cost, did you contact CorkSport, etc.?

On the flip side, I'm also looking for a stock exhaust system since my landlord tossed the old one.

Attachments

·
Registered
606 Posts
The same thing happened on my friends 2013 sky hatch. It would appear that Corksport used thin stainless steel tubing and poor welding for these products. Historically, they've recalled tons of their Mazda 3 products due to defects (i.e cracked rear stabilizer bars and wheel nuts, defective short shifters and motor mounts, etc.). As their customer service is good, I would reach out to them in hopes of getting a replacement. Your other option would be a fairly inexpensive welding job as was recommended above. Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
The same thing happened on my friends 2013 sky hatch. It would appear that Corksport used thin stainless steel tubing and poor welding for these products. Historically, they've recalled tons of their Mazda 3 products due to defects (i.e cracked rear stabilizer bars and wheel nuts, defective short shifters and motor mounts, etc.). As their customer service is good, I would reach out to them in hopes of getting a replacement. Your other option would be a fairly inexpensive welding job as was recommended above. Good luck!
i am using their set leds. i wonder have any problem with them?

·
Registered
606 Posts
i am using their set leds. i wonder have any problem with them?
I bought their LED interior/exterior lights kit as well. For me, a few bulbs burned out after the first year. Hopefully the same won't happen to you.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
I've had no issues with any of the Corksport products I've purchased and I have good experience with contacting them about questions and such.

If you call them I'm sure they will be able to offer some assistance or at the least, give you some advice on how to get it fixed.
CK

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
I installed Corksport’s interior (10 bulb) LED set for my 2017 WRX and now at 1 year 8 months, 20,000 miles, every bulb is still working perfectly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can I ask what you thought about the exhaust system other than the weld breaking? I'm mostly wondering about if the gains were worth the additional sound?
I have been looking at the racepipe and as near as I can tell it's a CAT delete option; did that throw an CEL?
Thanks,
Cato

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the axle back exhaust on my 2015 Mazda 3. Last month, a rattling sound started developing. Found out that the hanger weld cracked from the resonator. So the left resonator is hanging off from one weld point. Bit disappointed with this development.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts