2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Corksport exhaust and msds headers installed

11K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  kyleflew11 
#1 ·
Whats up guys.. So i just installed both the exhaust with racepipe and msds headers. 1 problem its a little too loud for my taste. Please send me your input on if there is anyway to quit it down a bit? The exhasut has no cats...would putting 1 or both back on help or taking out the headers?? any help is much appricatied !!! Thanks

#3 ·
Magnaflow is gonna be quieter.

in reality any "catback" without any cats is gonna be loud. you could replace your racepipe with a stock cat. but theres your choke point in your exhaust. look for a HFC? another resonator?

best bet is going to be ditch the catback, keep the MSDS. maybe get a MS3 stock catback. good flow but still all the sound dampers.

BTW you posted this in the Skyactiv forum not the 2010-2011 MS3 forum

#5 ·
MS3 ABE and MSDS is a tolerable volume level and doesn't attract tons of attention unless you stomp on it. I think I'm going to get a test pipe made over winter break with some flanges so I can swap the cat in for state inspections. I will post a video of that when it is complete for comparison. While the CS is loud for you, for others that is what they want. Maybe sell it if it wasn't what you were looking for.

#6 ·
Going back to ur old thread we posted alot of suggestions.

Msds and ms3 axleback
msds and ms3 catback (stock)
Msds stockcat (no racepipe) cs catback
Msds stock cat magnaflow
msds racing beat axleback

Cs is the loudest but as Jeremy Clarkson would say POOOWWWAAAAAAA

#30 ·
UPDATE! so i just got my car back from the muffler shop, and i love the way it sounds now!!! its perfect. Had them add my stock cat instead of the racepipe. Still has the deep sounds at idle and not all the rasp at high rpm's ! Thanks everyone for the input and support! Problem solved!!! But now i need a new project lol what do to next?? lol

#31 ·
VIDEOSSSS!!! damn i was hoping for a before and after video!

do you have a build thread? if so u should update it with pics and vids?

whats ur impression do u notice a power difference?

id say next is to lower that SOB to the ground!

#32 · (Edited)
i have the cs exhaust with the hfc and im about to install my msds header any day now. quick question tho when changing the header is it necessary to change the studs/nuts? are they not torque to yield with would make them one time use only? definitely dont want them to vibrate loose and its probably better to ask a stupid question then do a half assed job. i would love it if i could just bolt it on and be done with it. any feedback?

***should i start my own thread on this?

***i think im going to lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.