2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys.. So i just installed both the exhaust with racepipe and msds headers. 1 problem its a little too loud for my taste. Please send me your input on if there is anyway to quit it down a bit? The exhasut has no cats...would putting 1 or both back on help or taking out the headers?? any help is much appricatied !!! Thanks

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
Magnaflow is gonna be quieter.

in reality any "catback" without any cats is gonna be loud. you could replace your racepipe with a stock cat. but theres your choke point in your exhaust. look for a HFC? another resonator?

best bet is going to be ditch the catback, keep the MSDS. maybe get a MS3 stock catback. good flow but still all the sound dampers.

BTW you posted this in the Skyactiv forum not the 2010-2011 MS3 forum

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
MS3 ABE and MSDS is a tolerable volume level and doesn't attract tons of attention unless you stomp on it. I think I'm going to get a test pipe made over winter break with some flanges so I can swap the cat in for state inspections. I will post a video of that when it is complete for comparison. While the CS is loud for you, for others that is what they want. Maybe sell it if it wasn't what you were looking for.

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
Going back to ur old thread we posted alot of suggestions.

Msds and ms3 axleback
msds and ms3 catback (stock)
Msds stockcat (no racepipe) cs catback
Msds stock cat magnaflow
msds racing beat axleback

Cs is the loudest but as Jeremy Clarkson would say POOOWWWAAAAAAA

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help guys im just trying to see what my options are. Now if i took the race pipe out could i use my stock cat from my stock exhaust to weld in place of the racepipe? Would that tone it down a bit???

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys im just trying to see what my options are. Now if i took the race pipe out could i use my stock cat from my stock exhaust to weld in place of the racepipe? Would that tone it down a bit???
Yes but you are just ruining some powaaa. But, should help to tone it down a little.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Just throw a glass pack in there.

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
No welding needed but yes just throw ur cat in but I garuntee it will still be too loud

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the power i can deal with lol im not racing anyone.. but ya i want to tone it down a bit

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
MSDS and a MS3 stock catback. or MSDS and a racing beat axleback.

Bottem line: CS is the loudest exhaust next to a pipe with a tip. so anything below it is gonna be quieter

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
same place as a resonator...its the same kinda think. its more of a muscle car thing but it does work

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Magnaflow is gonna be quieter.

in reality any "catback" without any cats is gonna be loud. you could replace your racepipe with a stock cat. but theres your choke point in your exhaust. look for a HFC? another resonator?

best bet is going to be ditch the catback, keep the MSDS. maybe get a MS3 stock catback. good flow but still all the sound dampers.

BTW you posted this in the Skyactiv forum not the 2010-2011 MS3 forum
I dont think so.. I think Corksport is less noise than magnaflow. The thing is he has no Cat. Obviously is gonna be obnox.. UNLESS your a racecar, you should of got the CAT.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont think so.. I think Corksport is less noise than magnaflow. The thing is he has no Cat. Obviously is gonna be obnox.. UNLESS your a racecar, you should of got the CAT.
Well the thing is i bought it like that off of another car like mine. So it already had the racepipe in place of the CAT. So i am gonna have a muffler shop take out racepipe and but in my stock CAT in place of it and hopfully the sound will be reduced a bit

·
Registered
102 Posts
Put your stock headers back on and give your MSDS headers to me. That will quiet you down and I'll get headers. Win, win!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Well the thing is i bought it like that off of another car like mine. So it already had the racepipe in place of the CAT. So i am gonna have a muffler shop take out racepipe and but in my stock CAT in place of it and hopfully the sound will be reduced a bit
Contact Corksport and see if you can work something out.
How much you plan to pay the shop to do that?
Contact Corksport before finalizing anything
They can get you the CAT at a decent price. I have mine set up like that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts