1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are with the stock catback.

Easy takeoff.

Another, more aggressive takeoff.

Oops, ran out of gear at the top of 3rd. Sure looks slower on video!

Mid 3rd, accelerating.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I just got in my SU test pipe.

I'm not going to do the DP due to the smoking turbo issue and the like.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Smoking turbo issues....You do know that doesn't really coincide with DP right? I'm sure you have done your research. LEAKY TURBO SEALS. Besides the fact that if you actually do research that issue. Nobody has solid proof of cause for the seals going out. So you cant really point to aftermarket Downpipes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I mean I read up on it for sometime before deciding. It just doesn't make sense. The only true way to be sure though is to pull the downpipe back off after running for awhile, and seeing if you have oil in your exhaust side. I can tell you though my exhaust is the same its always been. Just smells different.

G

·
if you say so... its just not a chance I want to take, personally... it seems to be hit or miss, yes some people have DP's and run them no problem and some people who are completely stock have the smoking turbo issue but like I said, just not something I want to take a chance on. Downpipe back will be good enough for me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You would think it would be the same all the way around. Personally I think it has more to do with weak seals in the turbo myself. Can't say for sure though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts