2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone or knows someone who has used the CS adjustable shocks and struts? Looking into these as an alternative to the usual Koni, Bilstien, ect. They also happen to be 10% off the original price. Could be a steal at $450 for the set. Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
Stick with Koni yellows, tried and true, its the most popular choice for street/autocross and light track duty.

·
Super Moderator
6,410 Posts
Stick with Koni yellows, tried and true, its the most popular choice for street/autocross and light track duty.
Actually, Koni Yellows can make for a pretty rough ride in a 3 unless you live someplace that has nice flat smooth roads. Koni FSDs are a better choice.

As to the CS shocks, they have been around a while and it seems nobody here has tried them or reported on them. They are an unknown quantity, a shock made knows where and branded with the CS name. The rear adjustment wheels don't look very well thought out. They are in line on the shock rod inside the wheel well rather than protected inside the car like others are. The adjusters are positioned perfectly to gather every bit of dirt and grime that the wheels kick up. Without knowing any more details I would not use them.

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
Actually, Koni Yellows can make for a pretty rough ride in a 3 unless you live someplace that has nice flat smooth roads. Koni FSDs are a better choice.
Noted, stay away from yellows in my Mazda 3, thank you :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As to the CS shocks, they have been around a while and it seems nobody here has tried them or reported on them. They are an unknown quantity, a shock made knows where and branded with the CS name. The rear adjustment wheels don't look very well thought out. They are in line on the shock rod inside the wheel well rather than protected inside the car like others are. The adjusters are positioned perfectly to gather every bit of dirt and grime that the wheels kick up. Without knowing any more details I would not use them.
Thanks for the feedback. I was looking back at the customer reviews for gen 1 and 2 Mazda 3s on the CS website (take those for what they're worth), and they seem to be overwhelmingly positive. I've used CS products before and they certainly don't cheap out on the quality of their products. Just my two cents.

·
Super Moderator
6,410 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I was looking back at the customer reviews for gen 1 and 2 Mazda 3s on the CS website (take those for what they're worth), and they seem to be overwhelmingly positive. I've used CS products before and they certainly don't cheap out on the quality of their products. Just my two cents.
They don't make them, they have them made elsewhere. In this case it seems to be China. The design of the adjusters on the rear shocks at least is the same as some BC Racing products. BC is a well known supplier of the infamous PYC (Pick Your Color) coilovers as seen on Fleabay. :frown2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts